Poor pressure / water flow on water slide

menotu3169

Jun 24, 2022
Ontario
Hello, I am a new pool owner. I recently bought a house with an above ground pool and a waterslide.

When we use the waterslide, we completely open all the valves that we can find, and yet we still only barely get a dribble of water coming out of the jets.
The slide has two jets, one at the top and one in the middle. The top jet doesn't spray any water at all, and the second jet barely puts out a dribble of water.

I've checked all the lines and nothing seems to be kinked/clogged or blocked.
The slide is supplied from the pool return line. There is an 0.17" I.D. polyetylene tube that is approx 30feet long that goes from the pool return line to the slide.

I am wondering if I should replace that line with something larger diameter?

As mentioned, I am new to pools and waterslides. I will also mention that I have no idea if the slide has always had poor water pressure/flow or if it is a recent development.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220624_205433.jpg
    20220624_205433.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 11
Hello Menotu, welcome to Trouble Free Pools :)

I've never seen a slide on an above ground pool before, to be honest? Perhaps your pump isn't strong enough?
I've heard of folks just using a hose run to the top of the slide and turned on. Perhaps that is a solution for you?

I'm going to ask a couple of above ground folks to chime in and perhaps they'll have an idea?
@kimkats @Casey

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for the quick reply! While the pool is technically 'above ground' it has a deck built around it so that the top of the pool is level with the floor of the deck. The slide is attached to the deck. Also, since it is already plumbed into the pool return line, it seems like it would be easier to modify the current setup than it would be to remove and replace. But if I can't find a solution that works, I may have to go that route. Again, thanks for the quick reply!

Welcome to TFP.
That seems like a very small diameter for a 30 ft hose. Have you tried to unscrew that connection shown in the picture and hook up your water hose. It would be good to know that there is no blockage in your slide plumbing.

Is there a valve to close the water to the return so all of the pressure and water goes to the slide?

That is one tiny hose. I am not sure it could handle the full pressure of the pump so be ready to shut thing down fast if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.