Poor mans bubble reducer for a spa blower!

pcm2a

Aug 25, 2017
Mt Juliet, Tn
My spa had a 1hp blower. It died and I wanted more air flow so I went with a 2hp. Wow did I get some air flow then, but it was a little too much. Then I had an idea how to reduce the air flow for about $5. I bought one small PVC pipe and one PVC coupler. I stuck them together and drilled a small hole. I kept widening the hole until I got the desired output. My final hole is about the size of a pencil. This does add a little bit more noise to the blower because you have the sound of the blower plus air coming out of the extra hole. I put duct tape on it but don't be alarmed, it's not going to fly apart. I had to beat those pipes together (I saw no reason to make it permanent).

Maybe this will help someone else down the road.

IMG_20200510_142358.jpg

That’s a fine hack. Some people drill multiple air relief holes until they get the air flow they want.

You absolutely could make a T and put a valve on it. Then you could open and close the valve to the desired amount. I wouldn't think it would be any noisier than the hole. I'd say the air noise ads 15% to the blower noise. Luckily my equipment is around the corner and you can't even hear it at the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.