Poor acid wash?

dice7074

Bronze Supporter
Jun 19, 2017
Surprise, AZ
Is this from a poor acid wash?

20170822_102809.jpg20170822_102843.jpg

PB is coming today to hash things out and this is the best I could do with brushing... Should we hold him responsible for not being able to get the stain out? It's only been a week since start up.

It looks as if the lighter areas are where there is more "cream" of the colored plater remaining, as opposed to the darker areas which look to have more pebble exposed. If that is the case, I would think that an uneven acid would wash is to blame, although I'm not an expert. They will probably recommend doing a hot startup (adding acid to lower the PH to eat away more of the leftover cream) but that's just a guess.

Good luck and I hope it's resolved to your satisfaction!

Idk if the acid wash would have gotten rid of so much paste, probably needed to be washed a little bettter with the misters during application. You'll have to brush and brush and brush for the next few weeks.

LOL Yup... that's all I've been doing is brushing and maintaining the chemistry...

PB came and said he was going to send someone out to pour some muriatic acid in it to lower the pH and dissolve the stain.

PB came and said he was going to send someone out to pour some muriatic acid in it to lower the pH and dissolve the stain.

That is what Jamie mentioned above.

Get instructions from the PB on what actions to take when they are done. It will crash your pH and TA, so you will need to be ready for that.

Take care.

Hopefully the birds do not find your overflow for awhile. Once they do, they like to use it for water and then sit and make white streaks on your wall and everything else ;)

I just caught them landing on my puck floater so they can get water :grrrr:
And yes, I have a puck floater :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hopefully the birds do not find your overflow for awhile. Once they do, they like to use it for water and then sit and make white streaks on your wall and everything else ;)

I just caught them landing on my puck floater so they can get water :grrrr:
And yes, I have a puck floater :mrgreen:

JB... is that why I've been seeing all these birds in my yard since we started up the pool last week? The first time I saw them I was surprised and confused... Sheesh!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.