Poop in the pool

kaydeeloo

Feb 7, 2019
Kingwood, TX
New salt pool and spa. We had it in spa mode this evening and a child pooped in it. What do we do?? It was solid and we were able to scoop it out. We turned off the filter to the spa. Everything is off right now. I have no idea whether to run the pumps, turn down the salt, etc. We have an OmniLogic system. Any help please!! Thank you!

Not a big deal. That's why you have chlorine in the pool. I would add raise your FC to shock level for your CYA using liquid chlorine and let your pump run for 24 hours. Then let the FC drift down and you should be fine. See FC/CYA Levels

Have your spillover on so you circulate water in both the pool and spa.

Last edited:
You already did the hard part. I'd do what Allen recommended and I agree it's not a big deal in reality. Slam level may be a little over-kill but eeeeww! It would provide me needed confidence that it was absolutely gone.

Chris

I got news for you, there is poop in your water whether you see it or not. This goes for any pool. That is why it is so important to maintain proper chlorine to CYA levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.