PoolRX

kimMed

Sep 20, 2022
Southern California
My pool had 1 yellowish stain (was there when I bought the house).....UNTIL my pool guy recommended I get PoolRX. He swears by it. So, I did and next thing I see a couple weeks later are rust stains coming through. I appears to be rebar stains, you can see the rebar pattern. And it has cropped up in various other places as well. I have to assume there is something in the PoolRX that reacted with something. I have lived here for 5 years, no rust spots. The only thing that changed was the addition of this product. So, soon after I removed the product, I visit my son and notice rust stains his pool. He stated, Ya ever since I started using PoolRX my pool started popping up with rust spots so he pulled it out. I have read that there are claims that this product does not cause rust stains. Well, okay, then both our pools all of a sudden broke out in a rash on their own in two different cities with different water compositions. There is no metal, bobby pins, fertilizer in our pool to explain this. Just be aware.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: As you can see from the PoolRx SDS HERE, one of its major ingredients is copper (and Zinc) sulfate. Copper alone is a recipe for disaster in pools and causes horrible staining. You mentioned you thought it may be from the rebar, and maybe so if the chlorine and/or pH got high enough to aggravate the iron in the plaster. Otherwise, you may be experiencing copper stains.

Also visit out Pool Care Basicspage for lots of great info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.