Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The title says it all. PoolMath got updated, and now it won't run. The initial blank screen comes up, then my home screen on my tablet comes up. PoolMath refuses to run. I uninstalled it and then went to Google Play Store to down load and install it again. No change, still can't open it.

I've got a Kindle Fire, HD 8, 7th generation, running Fire OS 5.6.4.0.

Any help? @Leebo?

Last edited:
Sorry I’m late to respond and sorry for the issue. I’ve been on the road all day on a family trip. I’ve put in a late night message to the developer and I’ll check back in tomorrow with him. I likely will be slow to respond as tomorrow we’ve got a few more hours of driving but I’ll see what I can get done.

Sorry again for the issue
Lee

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
Folks having this issue, are you logging in with your TFP account? If so I can take a closer look more easily to see if there are errors logged to see what’s going on. For now you could try on android going into the settings app and for the app settings clearing the apps data and cache. And starting again after.

Folks having this issue, are you logging in with your TFP account? If so I can take a closer look more easily to see if there are errors logged to see what’s going on. For now you could try on android going into the settings app and for the app settings clearing the apps data and cache. And starting again after.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled , still will not work , I did clear the cache , I am hesitant to clear data as I will lose all saved data . I was signed in with my TFP user name but as the app will not open I can't verify if I am still signed in on app .

Clearing data is fine, the data is all really stored in the cloud, this will only clear local data, I promise!

I'm not seeing a crash reported from your device unfortunately... Maybe after trying the clear data, launch the app a few times (even if it crashes every time) to try and allow the crash reporter to report things....

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When I have issues with any app after an update, I power cycle or reset my my device. It seems the os sometimes is getting in the way. So far, it has worked for me (android based phone).

Clearing data is fine, the data is all really stored in the cloud, this will only clear local data, I promise!

I'm not seeing a crash reported from your device unfortunately... Maybe after trying the clear data, launch the app a few times (even if it crashes every time) to try and allow the crash reporter to report things....

OK , cleared data and cache , tried opening app about 2 dozen times , same thing , back to home screen with a notification window saying app not working .

Same issue on my Nexus 7 (2013 version) Android 6.0.1. tablet. Starts to load then stops with error message - UNFORTUNATELY, POOL MATH HAS STOPPED.

The Windows 10 version on my PC works fine.

I uninstalled and re-installed twice, same result. Reported crash.

Gary

I don't even get an error message. I can't sign out because it doesn't get that far. I cleared cache and tried it again, same thing -- blank page with blue banner, then the screen kind of blips and I'm back at my home screen.

The version of the app on my android phone is 3.0.8 , I assume thats the updated version , I do have an android tablet , a Nexus7 with version 3.0.6 of Pool Math app that is working fine . I disabled auto app updates on the tablet just incase it is the update causing this issue . Hopefully they will have it sorted out soon .

Anyone brave enough to try and collect ADB logcat logs for me from their device? Bonus points if you already know how to do it... If you don't know how, try this:

1. Enable developer mode on your device: How to Enable Android Developer Mode | Android Explained
2. In the Developer menu turn on "USB Debugging"
3. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable
4. Your device may prompt you to authorize the connection, choose to allow it.
5. Download and extract this zip to your windows machine: adb.zip
6. IMPORTANT: Run the Pool Math app and get it to crash again
7. Immediately afterwards, run the 'PoolMathLogs.bat' file you extracted earlier
8. Send me the 'poolmath-logcat.log' file that gets created

I am more than willing to try to do this later tonight when I am home. Can't hook my phone up to any work computer.

Please post here if you solve it before I can do it.

I am a software engineer (and electrical engineer by degree) as well. I actually did this with Pandora before and got a free t shirt out of the deal. :)

Reactions: PCR

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.