PoolMath Units question (another one!)

srhuston

Sep 16, 2019
Trevose, PA
I read in a previous thread that one can change the units used in PoolMath. I entered my hot tub's volume as 410 gallons based on the owner's manual, but would rather do measurements of additions with metric units - in part because measuring dry chemicals in grams and wet chemicals in mL is more precise than ounces and teaspoons, and being a small water volume a teaspoon can make a difference in chemical levels.

How does one change the units that PoolMath uses? I could reenter the volume of the tub as 1550L, but will that invalidate the entries already in place or change any of the historical data?

On the first page look for the round "rotor" looking thingie. Under that Settings is the "Pool Setup" where you can specify your pool's volume in either gallons, litres or Imperial gallons. Also under the Chemical Addition section it shows "fluid ounces" as the default for bleach for example. That "fluid ounces" section is a drop down list which allows you to alter your chosen measurement.

Make sure you accept the changes with the check mark.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks Maddie! I had seen that as an option but thought early on in my experimenting I changed it and watched all my data go away because it shifted units and wasn't valid anymore. I just did it now and things worked as I would expect, so I can stop measuring bleach with a 1/2tbs spoon and use a real graduated cylinder :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.