PoolMath CSI Target

I find if I open up the classic web version (found at bottom of this page) I can play with the numbers easily and see how my changes tweak things up a bit. Or down, as the case may be. Being able to see two versions of tests, side by side allows you to see how the changes make a difference easier.
Try that.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: frogabog
You might have to work with Classic Pool Math as noted beloved.

Same as Pool Math, except the forebearer of Pool Math.
Can you adjust the CSI target range in the Classic version? I've tried it, but I'm not seeing that as an option. It's not critical I guess, but I'd like to my "red flag" go up before my CSI reaches +/- 0.6. And since the app allows for manual adjustment of all the other target ranges, I figure it might be an easy fix.

Since it's a calculation, there's no way to put it in as a target. There's many different ways you could change your CSI - pH, TA, CH, CYA, even temperature all play a role. If you put in a new "target", how would the system know which of these to make you change?

What using the web version / classic lets you do is type in some numbers to see how it would change your CSI. "If I drop my pH to 7.2 and my TA by 20ppm, what does that do to my CSI?" sort of thing.

When you enter your "Now" numbers into the far left hand column, you'll see your current CSI.
Then you make some imagined changes in your numbers on the right hand column and you'll see how they change your CSI.

Since it's a calculation, there's no way to put it in as a target. There's many different ways you could change your CSI - pH, TA, CH, CYA, even temperature all play a role. If you put in a new "target", how would the system know which of these to make you change?

What using the web version / classic lets you do is type in some numbers to see how it would change your CSI. "If I drop my pH to 7.2 and my TA by 20ppm, what does that do to my CSI?" sort of thing.

You can do the same What If on the app. + then LOG then TEST RESULTS. Put in any numbers you want to try. The CSI is recalculated at the bottom. When you are done X out of the screen and don’t save it.

I think the OP wants to change when warning messages come up for CSI over -0.6 right now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can do the same What If on the app. + then LOG then TEST RESULTS. Put in any numbers you want to try. The CSI is recalculated at the bottom. When you are done X out of the screen and don’t save it.

I think the OP wants to change when warning messages come up for CSI over -0.6 right now.
Yep, thanks:) I understand that the actual CSI value is an auto-populated calculation (based on pH, TA, CH levels). I would just like to adjust the recommend range. PoolMath is such a great tool and it allows you to make manual adjustments to the recommended target ranges, because everyone's pool is a little different. Right now the recommended range for CSI is from -0.6 to 0.6... I would just like to narrow down that range (to -0.3 to 0.3) so I can stay ahead of things and test/adjust pH/TA/CH as necessary. Again, it's not a huge deal, but it seems easy enough to implement into the app. Maybe there's a developer link for feature requests?

The one on here is JavaScript and if you have a home server, like I do, just copy the script and load it into your server. You can then edit the code if you like assuming you know JavaScript.
I appreciate that...although I don't know Java, haha!! Either way, what i'm really looking for is a way to do it on the app because I have my phone with me when I test the chem levels and I like to immediately log everything and track changes. Thanks though:)

Are you just looking for it to notify you when you're out of range, or to put in a target and then have it tell you what chems to add to the pool to reach the target?

Problems with CSI being out of recommend range take months to manifest themselves. Short term excursions in CSI are to be expected. You will have plenty of time to stay ahead of things with the default targets.

Are you just looking for it to notify you when you're out of range, or to put in a target and then have it tell you what chems to add to the pool to reach the target?
Just a notification...not even an actual alert or anything like that. Just a quick-look range that I can glance at and know, if I'm not within the parameters, I should take a closer look at my pH/TA/CH.

Problems with CSI being out of recommend range take months to manifest themselves. Short term excursions in CSI are to be expected. You will have plenty of time to stay ahead of things with the default targets.
Thanks, that's helpful to know... and I think it's more important to keep a log in order to track changes and trends (rather than make immediate changes if the CSI is off).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.