pooldv texas pool thread

Re: pooldv pool thread

This heat pump does not have a cooling mode, but many do. We do run our solar panels at night to cool the pool in July/August sometimes.

It does too!!! Well, at least there's a mode button and a light that says "cool". LOL, no clue if it works.

Our pool is up to 81 today and in use. Haven't run the heat pump on a consistent schedule though other than from midnight to 6 AM, then additional whenever I may hit the filter and Aux buttons to turn it on otherwise so I have NO data that much could be derived from, other than we got warmer, faster, pool in use, and should hit my desired 85 pretty soon as well :)

I went back and reread the Hayward page and it does have a cooling mode. Nice!

Wow, so you bought one piece of equipment and got two! Nice Easter Egg. Even if you may not use it.

Uh-oh! Now I'm getting help from you and my wife! :-D

No, it's been raining tons here. Pool got up to 80 last weekend on solar panels only and I swam twice. As soon as it started raining the honeydo list changed. "Oh, it's raining, can't install the heat pump? How about some crown molding and door trim?" I am probably a week out. Again!

Oh wow! More helpers! :crazy: LOL!

No. It was going back on the list this week but now the pool is warm, 82 yesterday after cloudy and rain, and I have another new list. Swim party Sunday.

The solar cover makes a HUGE difference in heat retention. Even with lows in the 50s and highs in the low 60s last week and rain the pool still stayed between 78 and 80 degrees. A little sun here and there let the solar panels work occasionally. And the solar cover kept the heat in!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

We have LOTS of trees. The pool is in partial shade almost all day and the solar panels are also shaded part of the day. We don't have room for more solar panels or I would add more because they work great. We love to be in the pool and there are quite a few days in April/May and October that we would like to swim but the water is cold and the solar panels can't do it. Oh, and we hate cold water. Pool water was 89-90° today and that was perfect for us! So, the heat pump will only really be used to bump up those last few degrees during spring and fall. And that little heat pump was only 1500 bucks and I will install it.

I would get a solar cover to hold in heat overnight first and see how it goes your first year or two and then add it later if you need to.

We have LOTS of trees. The pool is in partial shade almost all day and the solar panels are also shaded part of the day. We don't have room for more solar panels or I would add more because they work great. We love to be in the pool and there are quote a few days in April/May and October that we would like to swim but the water is cold and the solar panels can't do it. Oh, and we hate cold water. Pool water was 89-90° today and that was perfect for us! So, the heat pump will only really be used to bump up those last few degrees during spring and fall. And that little heat pump was only 1500 bucks and I will install it.

I would get a solar cover to hold in heat overnight first and see how it goes your first year or two and then add it later if you need to.

Thanks! Let me k ow how the little one works for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.