Pool Water Temperature?

If it is too chilly then heat it up. Very simple. Thanks to fracking, gas is cheap, at least in North America (Or gas is fracking cheap as they would say on Battlestar Glactica). (Europe may have an issue as they are dependent on Comrade Putin for their gas)

Life's too short to swim in cold water or drink cheap wine.

You don't want to got caught out by shrinkage. "Like a frightened turtle!"

Couldn't agree more! ("I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.") With a pair of 2'x20' solar panels last season, I could muster maybe 80 degrees with a nice stint of sunny days, but that wouldn't cut it for my wife. So we bit the bullet and installed a natural gas heater this summer and heat it to 86 degrees. Everybody's happy, even with a $100 gas bill in August. I guess that's why I burn firewood all winter long!

What is the average cost to run heater per year?

I just installed this year but I dont think it costs much more than $20 to $30 a month and I run the heater ALOT. This summer has been unusually cold so it is down in the 60s every night. I said I keep the pool at 85 but that would be minimum. Alot of times I have at 88 or even 90. Kids use the pool I would say at least every other day even if the air temp is in the 70s. They just gotta make it to the pool.

In my climate I would not have a pool without the gas heater. Best investment I made.

We like the pool to be between 84 and 86. My solar system is set for 86 and takes care of keeping the pool up to temp pretty well through September. After that I may have to add a solar cover to avoid heat loss at night. If we swim after Thanksgiving I have to fire up the old gas heater.

People not used to desert conditions are always surprised how you can get out of a 86 degree pool in 104 degree air temp and be freezing cold. Something to do with evaporation rates here in the desert.

sorry didn't see this was in above ground pools, mine is in-ground.

85-86 is where my wife keeps the heater. We have an IG with an auto cover. So I generally heat to 85 in spring and auto cover and full sun takes it from there. Till fall when it gets cool again. I generally close soon after kids go back to school. It just never gets used and the wear and tear on my equipment and electricity is not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.