Pool Water Sampling Tool

Charlie227

Silver Supporter
May 8, 2019
Vero Beach, FL
I'm looking for a pool water sampling tool/dipper that is inexpensive. I've seen some of the long handled lab equipment tools for water sampling, but they are quite expensive. I need something because I have torn my achilles tendon in the past and it's hard and painful to get down on my knees and get back up while taking a proper sample. Right now, I am leaning towards just making something. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

A piece of 1/2 inch pvc pipe. Put in the water, put your thumb over the end, pull it out, and dump the water in a container.

Reactions: Charlie227
I'm looking for a pool water sampling tool/dipper that is inexpensive. I've seen some of the long handled lab equipment tools for water sampling, but they are quite expensive. I need something because I have torn my achilles tendon in the past and it's hard and painful to get down on my knees and get back up while taking a proper sample. Right now, I am leaning towards just making something. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.
My wife duct taped a cup to a branch and I use it almost daily, works great. I dont' get down low so well either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.