Pool Water Never Sparkling (pics)...Looks whatever...2006C test inside

JackHarkness

Oct 29, 2010
Temecula, CA
Hi all...not new here. Recently noticed my pool water seems lackluster...admittedly I did skip brushing for a week...but I got it cleaned up...still...the pool is cloudy.

TA 88
CYA 80 - SWG SYSTEM
pH 7.2
Chlorine: 14ppm currently due to adding 44oz chlorine liquid yesterday as a test for OCLT (I know I didnt need to do this...just kinda wanted to finish the chlorine bottle)
CC: 0 ppm - did not turn pink adding R 003.

I dont know...I suspected I should rule out organic growth...so I did an OCLT. No loss of FC overnight...its 6 40 am here....got it before sunset with pump running 40 mins beforehand.

If I passed the OCLT safe to say there is no CC makes sense right?

Anyways....I dont know. Just been unhappy with its sparkliness and top layer evel cleanliness (mosquitos and Crud on the top of the water with tiny bits of white pollen dust). Is it possible because its a Salt pool its not as sparkly as I remember from before I had the nonSWG system?

I suspect one thing....my JANDY CL340 cartridges. I haven't cleaned them in a while. Psi is at 15psi. Is it possible lack of cleaning them for almost a year possibly is leading to this cloudiness? Is water turnover the issue? I run 4 hours at 3500rpm...its single speed Jandy 1.0HP pump.

Pics attached. Its not like I can't see the bottom of the pool. I definitely can...but still its just a bit....lackluster?

Thanks....so frustrated

Attachments

• 20230515_064246.jpg
    20230515_064246.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230515_064300.jpg
    20230515_064300.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 17
Time to clean the filter. When pressure rises by 25%. Your is up 300%.

Admittedly...I have been avoiding that. Its never a fun process...I hate the stupid nut on there and always find it super annoying to take the big clamp off .. I figured it was probably that. Before I do though...I have to admit I have done cleanings before. The cartridges however are well over ......13 years old (yikeeess lol)...I suspect I should replace them outright and its long overdue..just don't know which ones to get for the cl340.

Thanks for your quick response! Means a lot to get such an instant response. I can rest a bit easier today.

Also sorry TA 80* morning phone typio

just don't know which ones to get for the cl340.

Reactions: JackHarkness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.