Pool water hits 93 !

Thanks guys. I needed that. I get overwhelmed with this pool thinking it’s going to get green. That liquid chlorine is working still have a high CYA but it’s coming down. I’m at 150 now. Was 400. I hope to have it down by the time I close it. Next year I’m ready with chlo- hypo I got in today 2-50 lb. no more tabs !!!

- - - Updated - - -

4 gallons...........wow!!! Beautiful pool though.
If the CYA was 50 I bet 2 gallons will do it. If it wasn’t so hot - maybe 1 gallon.

Nice looking pool...but your comments are confusing. You say "no more tabs" then mention 100lbs of calhypo all while pouring in gallons of liquid chlorine? Sounds complicated, not surprised you feel overwhelmed. Are you following TFP? What test kit are you using?

If the CYA was 50 I bet 2 gallons will do it. If it wasn’t so hot - maybe 1 gallon

I wouldn't expect to go from 4 gallons to 2 just by changing CYA level. Daily consumption stays more or less the same regardless of CYA level. Although I'm not quite sure what happens at the extreme levels you are running.

4 gallons seems a lot but yours is a big pool. How many gallons? Since you are at CYA=150 I'm curious what FC levels you are running?

Nice looking pool...but your comments are confusing. You say "no more tabs" then mention 100lbs of calhypo all while pouring in gallons of liquid chlorine? Sounds complicated, not surprised you feel overwhelmed. Are you following TFP? What test kit are you using?

I wouldn't expect to go from 4 gallons to 2 just by changing CYA level. Daily consumption stays more or less the same regardless of CYA level. Although I'm not quite sure what happens at the extreme levels you are running.

4 gallons seems a lot but yours is a big pool. How many gallons? Since you are at CYA=150 I'm curious what FC levels you are running?
correct if I’m wrong, cal-hypo has no CYA ? I have not started to use that yet. I will next year and will use it for closing pool. Also from using cal hypo will help raise my soft water ? All I’m using right now is liquid chlorine at 12%. FC is at -10. Test kit TF 100 and others. Why others? That before I was new to pool school. I’m learning. Gallons in pool? About 86,000 to 118,000. I’m not sure. .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you ever put a tape on that pool and measured it?

Wasn't your pool size questioned in another thread?
My pool always gets questioned. Even where I dropped off my Hayward pump last week at a Hayward dealer for repair - guy who owns pool store said, no way you have 90,000. He came here the next day and measure the pool. Said- wow- I think you have the largest pool in the Hamptons, that includes hotels, and the Southampton beach club.

It's a big pool from the pictures and with a 9.5 foot deep end could be 90k. A tape measure would remove the uncertainty.

However my main concern would be the FC level of 10. That's low for a stated CYA of 150.

Pool Math recommends FC=18 for a CYA of 150. Is there a reason why you are running FC so low?

Can you pass an OCLT?

It's a big pool from the pictures and with a 9.5 foot deep end could be 90k. A tape measure would remove the uncertainty.

However my main concern would be the FC level of 10. That's low for a stated CYA of 150.

Pool Math recommends FC=18 for a CYA of 150. Is there a reason why you are running FC so low?

Can you pass an OCLT?
I had it at 15. (My other post) with the heat past 3 days, 10 —-Funny on my other post someone said. Why so high?

I had it at 15. (My other post) with the heat past 3 days, 10 —-Funny on my other post someone said. Why so high?

According to Pool Math the minimum you should ever allow is 11 and you should be targeting 18. That's given your stated CYA of 150. Which may or may not be accurate given there is no way to directly measure amounts that high. If your CYA is higher then even these FC levels are too low.

Given your potentially high daily chlorine usage (4 gal/day in a uncertain pool size) and the fact you've dropped below the minimum FC, suggest performing an OCLT.

According to Pool Math the minimum you should ever allow is 11 and you should be targeting 18. That's given your stated CYA of 150. Which may or may not be accurate given there is no way to directly measure amounts that high. If your CYA is higher then even these FC levels are too low.

Given your potentially high daily chlorine usage (4 gal/day in a uncertain pool size) and the fact you've dropped below the minimum FC, suggest performing an OCLT.
Your right. I put in more liquid chlorine yesterday and I’m at 15 now. Reason why I was at 10, I vacuum pool yesterday and dump 8,000 gallons. Just did all my test and for the first time the CYA is just over 100. That’s great news for me. My CH is low but I’m not dumping in 50 lb of CH raise and wasting $75 bucks until I get the CYA at 50. If I add all the water I dumped all summer 50,000 of water I dumped. CYA was 350

Have you ever put a tape on that pool and measured it?

Wasn't your pool size questioned in another thread?
. Yes, 30x60. Pool is measured many times by me and everyone that questions me when I tell them 90,000. This pool has 90,000. At one inch from bottom skimmer. If I raise water level to center of skimmer 95,000. If I raise water to top arrow of skimmer 98,000. Im adding over 600 gallons a day in this pool from evaporation due to its in the sun 11 hours a day. We live near the ocean on one side and bay on othe side. It’s always windy here. Always !!!!! No, we don’t have any leaks. Not even a drop.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.