Pool water color

KSBS

Mar 21, 2019
Rye Brook Ny
Hi
Does anyone have photos of their pool with water color plaster quartzscapes

Aruba sky reflections and Tahoe blue reflection series. We are trying to decide between the two colors. We have direct sunlight most of the day. Also what does it mean to mix with shells? Is that what the reflection series means?

They add abalone shells to the plaster. Some mix it in the plaster and some handcast it over the surface of the pool. It adds an extra sparkle to your pool but some low quality shells have been known to cause brown staining :( You can also mix glass beads into plaster for an extra sparkle...........

Kim:kim:

Reactions: GregInClaremont
During our install today, the owner of the company said that NPT still adds abalone to some of the mixes but NPT refuses to warranty the finish if the brown staining occurs. How silly. The company makes customers sign a waiver or a release of liability if the brown staining occurs. He said the larger abalone shells are the ones that are causing problems and the real small flakes are still ok.

Reactions: GregInClaremont
They add abalone shells to the plaster. Some mix it in the plaster and some handcast it over the surface of the pool. It adds an extra sparkle to your pool but some low quality shells have been known to cause brown staining :( You can also mix glass beads into plaster for an extra sparkle...........

Kim:kim:
Thanks
I hope someone posts pictures of the colors we are considering

Choosing a finish color is challenging. I can take 100 photos from different angles, at different times of the day, under different weather conditions, with varying sizes of ripples, and the water never looks the same. I see colors from beautiful deep ocean blue to shades of green. The reflections of the sky, trees, and surroundings all effect the way the water looks. You'll likely bet the truest representation of color from the manufacturer's site. Maybe a call to the manufacturer with a description of what you're after may help you decide.

Best of luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.