Pool wall caved in help!

rlavoie123

Dec 21, 2020
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Hi
I have an above ground pool, live in new england, and the walls started to cave in after the storm. Covered it right put pillow in not sure how it happened or what to do next. I can definitely look into my homeowners and replace it, not sure what is best to do in this situation. The water is also all out of it as well.
Thank you!
Ryan Lavoie

Attachments

• 20201221_131712.jpg
    20201221_131712.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 20201221_131849.jpg
    20201221_131849.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 20201221_131904.jpg
    20201221_131904.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 130
Glad u were able to drain it & hopefully prevent more damage. Sorry that its not looking too good. Have u removed the cover since draining the water? If not u should as it will only pull the walls down more. Not sure about homeowners coverage. I know most pool warranties exclude winter damage. Let me call some above grounders....
@kimkats @Casey

I have a big sad for you. The first thing you do is take the cover off and get it out. Know you might have to replace the liner if there is any ice in the pool.........oh wait there is not water so no ice........hummmm once you get the cover off and out then look to make sure the liner is still on the wall like it should be. Let us know and we will go from there.

Cut the cord/wire holding the pool cover on. The weight of the snow is pulling bending the walls. It doesn't look like the walls are creased and that is good, however you may need to order a couple of new upright posts. How does the area around the skimmer look? Did you drain the pool or did it empty out on its own?

Hi
Thanks for all the answers! Definitely disappointed as well, thought having a cover on was good but noticed it was not this time. Around skimmer it actually looks pretty good. Its mainly that wall right in the pictures a few others. Thinking once I fill it again it'll be better even though know I'll need a liner replacement most likely. Water actually leaked out after the storm I noticed. Was fine before the storm so not quite sure what happened. I do my best to maintain it and close it properly but things happen. Called pool store and they referred me to their pool construction company and they said its 1625 to remove it and put in new one. If able they will come and try to salvage it as well if it is salvagable.
Thanks!
Ryan

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How were you draining the cover? Did you have automatic pump? If so is there a chance the cover got a leak and the pump was draining pool water out?
I'm guessing from the looks of it the pool water dropped way too low one way or another which caused the cave in.

Looks like you have a liner issue n that's why your level dropped. I'd check n make sure that wall is still in the track. If it's not, you'll have to unbolt the wall and get it back in n replace the liner. Did it destroy the top rail?

Reactions: kimkats
So top rail won't fit into that spot so its too short probably because it expanded and the bolts came out of it. And then that metal is slightly bent now probably because of the no water. Since I am not great at pools and liner issue and bolting ill probably have pool person look at it come spring. They said right now can't do much cuz of the freezing anyways

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.