eugchen

Feb 4, 2022
los angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
im working on cleaning off calcium slowly with muriatic acid, pumice stone, and tons of scrubbing. its going slowly. while the result looks better, after the tile dries, it looks dull. any sealant and oil shine that keeps the tile looking wet and silk?

A little wax with a bit of elbow grease? I did that once to the water above my water line on my fiberglass pool (and it sparkled for almost an entire season). I was just careful not to get it in the water (or toooo much of it).

Maddie :flower:

Turtle maybe? It was in a flat can. Nothing fancy.
What ever you try, test it on an inconspicuous tile first, and look at it for a few days to decide how you like it.

Another option- call a tile store and ask if they have anything specific to the tile finish?

Maddie 🌻

He eugchen,
I am a new pool owner. Bought a home that came with a pool with years of calcium build-up on the decorative tiles. Currently, my pool is empty and what I've found works best is an angle grinder with a 60 grit sandpaper disc. Takes the scale right off without damaging the finish which seems to be a very glossy ceramic. Obviously, if your pool is full this may not be an option being how electricity and water can be deadly combination. Deciding whether to put some kind of sealer on it. Seems many here think it's not worth it. I will continue to investigate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.