Pool Start-up Question

It is the filter. When your filter pressure rises 25% over clean pressure, clean the cartridges. Are you watching your pressures and cleaning?

Have you scrubbed inside ladders (removed from pool), behind lights, in the skimmers? Check the weir doors for algae?
My filter has only gone to 25% twice. I check it regularly. Also question. I have made my pool robot go everyday, but I’ve only truly vacuumed once a week. Haven’t really had time. Is that making a difference?

Also I just read the info on filters. And it says I can use a synethic DE. Maybe that would help? I have added clarifier to the pool. Small amount and it seemed to help a little. But I think it is just the filter is poor. It’s not a like for like starite filter. Maybe that is why

Also I just read the info on filters. And it says I can use a synethic DE. Maybe that would help?
Might.
I have added clarifier to the pool. Small amount and it seemed to help a little.
Do not use clarifiers.
But I think it is just the filter is poor. It’s not a like for like starite filter. Maybe that is why
Maybe.

So I used this last year. And it worked pretty well, had the same ish problem last year. How you guys feel about it?? It is a cellulose fiber material

Attachments

• 3003168F-F921-4599-9231-4FB53DC259BD.jpeg
    3003168F-F921-4599-9231-4FB53DC259BD.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 2
So I used this last year. And it worked pretty well, had the same ish problem last year. How you guys feel about it?? It is a cellulose fiber material
I can't think of any valid reason to do that.. :scratch:

If your water is not crystal clear, it is not because of your cartridges..

Most Bioguard products are a waste of money.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can't think of any valid reason to do that.. :scratch:

If your water is not crystal clear, it is not because of your cartridges..
So wait. Your own pool forum says it is alright to use cellulose fiber. I have passed multiple OCLT. Meaning there is no active algae. My filter barely rises in pressure telling me to clean it. You also said it might help. Then said no need.

So wait. Your own pool forum says it is alright to use cellulose fiber. I have passed multiple OCLT. Meaning there is no active algae. My filter barely rises in pressure telling me to clean it. You also said it might help. Then said no need.
Sorry for any confusion I caused.

For clarity...

Cartridge filters are excellent filters if well maintained. They don't need other stuff to work efficiently. If it were a sand filter, I might recommend DE or cellulose...but not in a cartridge filter.

Clean your cartridge and note clean pressure. When your pressure rises 25%, clean the cartridges again. I won't stray from that advice. It has helped clear 1000s of pools.

Again, sorry for creating confusion.

Reactions: JeremyH
You are reaching for magic solutions instead of focusing on the basics.

A good clean cartridge will clear the water without all the potions being added to it.

Figure out why your filter is not working as it should.

You are reaching for magic solutions instead of focusing on the basics.

A good clean cartridge will clear the water without all the potions being added to it.

Figure out why your filter is not working as it should.
Lol. I’m not reaching for magic solutions. I’m literally following what this forum says and it isn’t working to the speed it should. It’s been a month now. I’m not dumb. I can use critical thinking. Filter must be problem if nothing else showing clear signs as the problem. I have cleaned this filter at least 4 times. 25% every time. Besides that, gauge does not move in psi. I have even replaced the gauge to make sure. I have checked my o rings to make sure there is a proper seal. I am doing much more than you are implying.

Show us a pic of the cartridge.

How old is the cartridge?

Replace the cartridge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.