Pool stability. Installed a 24 x 12 x 52 above ground pool.

Jjcollinsac

Sep 15, 2019
Dade City, FL
The 4 elbows bent tremendously and I emptied pool, got new elbows and re-installed. Same problem, elbows bent. Filled pool anyhow. Sides did straighten, but not like I wanted them to.
My girls swam in the pool for 2 weeks and one day, 30 minutes after they exited the pool, the sides split all the way around the pool, 12 inches from the top. Real scary having 7500 gallons of water flooding the back yard. One pool contractor that I talked to, expressed concern about the longitudal
support. Now I know why.
Any one else have/had similar problems?

Welcome to TFP.

What manufacturer and model pool did you have a problem with?

You have pics of how the site was setup and the failure?

Elbows most almost certainly mean an Intex type. I am assuming here, but a rectangle ABG pool with elbows screams that type of pool.

Can you show us some pictures of your setup? Tell us more about how you prepared the spot, and how you installed the legs? Did you add pavers? Were they flush with the leveled ground? What is the current setup after refilling?

That's a big pool, and the prepared ground does need to be as close to perfect as possible. That is the only thing that can bend elbows on those type of pools. Flush to the pool level/ground level is kinda essential.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.