Pool/Spa lights tripping C/B

envycycles

Jan 29, 2013
Orlando FL
Hey guys,

Im have not used the lights in the pool for many years as I though it had bad bulbs. This weekend I decided to replace the bulbs and when I went and turned on the breaker it immediately tripped.
My son was by the pool looking at the lights and he said that when I turned the CB on the lights flashed for a sec (Both).
I disconnected the CB from the panel and it stays switched on. I connected it all back and tried again and again they both flashed on and the CB tripped.
When I turn the CB on I do hear the 20amp relay activating.
Anyway to check the Relay to make sure that is not the problem?
Also what other thing can I do to figure out the issue I am having?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

Im have not used the lights in the pool for many years as I though it had bad bulbs. This weekend I decided to replace the bulbs and when I went and turned on the breaker it immediately tripped.
My son was by the pool looking at the lights and he said that when I turned the CB on the lights flashed for a sec (Both).
I disconnected the CB from the panel and it stays switched on. I connected it all back and tried again and again they both flashed on and the CB tripped.
When I turn the CB on I do hear the 20amp relay activating.
Anyway to check the Relay to make sure that is not the problem?
Also what other thing can I do to figure out the issue I am having?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Is this a GFCB? Are you using automation? Disconnect the lights one at a time and see which one is causing the issue.

If possible find the Junction where the Pool and Spa lights connect to the cable coming from the circuit Breaker and disconnect all but one light. Turn lights on and if it stays on then switch off and add another light to the circuit until it trips.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.