Pool SOS

What’s the actual water depth ? 3.14 X Radius (half the width) X Radius X (inches divided by 12) X 7.481 gallons per cubic feet. Got it ? Lol.

pie R R Height in feet 7.481

• Haha
Reactions: Athas08
I figured the chlorine for 6000 for the last FC reading and the recommended addition was only 1 oz more. Doesn't seem significant. But I'm going to still stick with my plan with checking 15-30 minutes after each addition to make sure it's not the bleach.

I figured the chlorine for 6000 for the last FC reading and the recommended addition was only 1 oz more
Something is up with your poolmath. You added about 10 % volume, The addition should have gone up the same %, so +3.4 ounces extra. Maybe the .4 doesn’t register but the 3 does.

I added twice the recommenced amount of chlorine and went from FC of 11.5 to 15 in 30 minutes.
So that bleach is probably half strength then. Either a manufacturer goof putting it in the wrong bottle, Or it’s old, or it sat in the blazing sun for a month somewhere.
I wanted to apologize because it was rude of me to say you pool math was off. It could just as easily have been mine. :) But they do not jive for some reason.

Hulk brain hurt...lol. 5700. It's close enough that I'm just going to go with the full 6000

Thanks @Bperry
I was actually hoping it was just that you overestimated the size and that was what caused the chlorine to come out as lower strength. Now I kinda want to check the strength of my liquid.

I wanted to apologize because it was rude of me to say you pool math was off. It could just as easily have been mine. :) But they do not jive for some reason.
No worries.

Just did an OCLT and went from 15FC to 14FC. Still cloudy so will keep SLAMming

Thanks for all the help so far everyone. I would have given up by now if i was doing this on my own.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can test the strength of your bleach directly by diluting 10,000:1 and then testing like normal:

Put 1ml of your bleach into 100ml of distilled water (or any water that doesn't have chlorine in it - some tap does), stir to mix. Take 1ml of this mix and dilute it into another 100ml of distilled. Then test that sample. You should get whatever your bleach strength is in ppm.

It was more for curiosity. Makes me feel like there is hope if it's holding chlorine, lol
I like everyone new newish to have the free practice tries so it’s more routine when it matters.
You can test the strength of your bleach directly by diluting 10,000:1 and then testing like normal:
Ha !!!! I spent waaaaaaaaaay too much time last night trying to make it easier than the double distilled water. Fun fact. .318 teaspoons in 5 gallons is 10 ppm. :laughblue:

no idea in the world how to measure that one. Maybe a small syringe ?

• Haha
Reactions: Athas08 and MITBeta
You should have seen the math on my paper to figure out what dilution factor would give me an easy way to test.
I had about 5 online converters going at once.

if you had any warm and fuzzies last night Athos, That was all the behind the scenes work on your behalf. 😁

• Love
*MORNING COFFEE SAVES THE DAY*.

last night I was obsessed over getting to an easy 10 ppm which led me to the 1/3 tsp per 5 gallons.

But. (Thank you Maxwell House). Just. Dang. Triple. It. 🤦‍♂️ One Teaspoon is 30 ppm.

fill a 5 gallon bucket and test the FC. (It’ll probably be 1-3). Add 1 Tsp bleach, and test, adding the # to the waters FC #. If it’s not 31/32/33 etc, You can then divide the FC as a fraction. Say 16 tested over (should have been) 32 for half strength. 16/32 = 1/2 strength.

BOOM.

*MORNING COFFEE SAVES THE DAY*.

last night I was obsessed over getting to an easy 10 ppm which led me to the 1/3 tsp per 5 gallons.

But. (Thank you Maxwell House). Just. Dang. Triple. It. 🤦‍♂️ One Teaspoon is 30 ppm.

fill a 5 gallon bucket and test the FC. (It’ll probably be 1-3). Add 1 Tsp bleach, and test, adding the # to the waters FC #. If it’s not 31/32/33 etc, You can then divide the FC as a fraction. Say 16 tested over (should have been) 32 for half strength. 16/32 = 1/2 strength.

BOOM.
Sweet, thanks!

And YAY for coffee!

******. More coffee makes more better maths part Duex*******

.318 tsp X 3 = 954/1000 = 95 % of a full tsp so per 5 gallons the FC will be 28.5. Plus the tap FC. It will be easy to spot if it’s way off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.