GrandizerGo

Jun 21, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is a new pool that was filled last fall and will be used for the first time this season. The pool has a chemical smell to it. I'm not sure if I'm being hypersensitive since I've been around more chemicals this week than ever before. Water is clear. My logs are attached through Pool Math (awesome app btw). SWG not in use yet as the weather has been cold and I wanted to get my numbers in line first. Does whatever the chlorine is killing take time to "gas off"?
FC: 5
CC: 0
CYA: 30
PH: 7.6-7.8 (seems in between colours so I put 7.7)

How long has the pool been opened for?

How are you chlorinating the pool?

What is your daily pump runtime?

The pool has been opened for a week. I am using liquid chlorine (10% with 20 051 time stamp). I pour straight out of the jug along the side of the pool. Last addition was yesterday as its been overcast. Pumps have been running most of the week on the lowest setting. I dont have a log of the hours but I would say min. 12 hrs. and max 24 hrs.

My wife says it smells clean but not like chlorine. The closest the could come up with is pizza dough lol.

Last edited:
Give the pool a bit more time. You can be smelling the chlorine cleaning up the water.

You using pure liquid chlorine with no additives?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.