Pool slide repair - interfab wild ride?

Nov 14, 2015
Chicagoland, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it possible to repair this Interfab Wild Ride slide for safe use? As far as we can tell only the lower runway is damaged.

We do not know how long it's been broken, or what caused the damage. Slide is about 13 years old. I'm concerned that it may be that the legs aren't quite in the right place, and caused stress damage.

I've assumed it's not repairable, but we would love to be able to get this slide up and running. A new slide is not in the budget, replacement piece is half the price of a new slide, also not in the pool budget.

Advice?

Untitled by Carrie, on Flickr

I don't see how that is repairable and can be safe for people of all sizes.

13 years of UV exposure and sub zero to 100 degrees probably just made it brittle. It looks like you have lots of boating in your general area. Call a few marinas and see if they know any fiberglass people. Maybe someone can reinforce it and repair the crack for a few hundred instead of a few thousand.

If that's fiberglass it's absolutely repairable. I stripped an old rotten boat down to a bare hull and rebuilt it from the ground up. In the process I accidentally ran a circular saw right through the hull for about 10". Which I repaired and it has been taking a beating on the water since.

My dad ran his boat aground (it's a vee drive) and had some nasty damage in the bottom which has been repaired to perfection. Boats take a beating!

Making fiberglass repairs involves a learning curve though, isn't necessarily easy, and isn't necessarily cheap.

I spent the better part of a year on iboats.com learning how to rebuild a boat. My vote is to find a boat repair shop that does glass work. This would be EASY for them, and I'm sure cheaper than replacing the slide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.