Pool Slide Question

May 28, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Hi All!

Thanks to these forums I like to think I've become somewhat of a pool expert... at least with my own pool. When I first bought this house, there was a Rogue pool slide with poles cemented into the foundation. Several years ago, one of the areas for the slide jets broke and completely cracked through cutting one of our guests - so I just put the slide off limits. I wanted to revisit this and maybe see if anyone here has replaced a Rogue slide body with a Rogue 2 slide body and if the dimensions are similar enough or if I would need to cut out the old poles and install it fresh. Alternatively if it's able to be repaired, but I do feel like this is a pretty big repair and I'm definitely not qualified to do it!

Thank you everyone!

IMG-9063.jpg

Hi All!

Thanks to these forums I like to think I've become somewhat of a pool expert... at least with my own pool. When I first bought this house, there was a Rogue pool slide with poles cemented into the foundation. Several years ago, one of the areas for the slide jets broke and completely cracked through cutting one of our guests - so I just put the slide off limits. I wanted to revisit this and maybe see if anyone here has replaced a Rogue slide body with a Rogue 2 slide body and if the dimensions are similar enough or if I would need to cut out the old poles and install it fresh. Alternatively if it's able to be repaired, but I do feel like this is a pretty big repair and I'm definitely not qualified to do it!

Thank you everyone!

View attachment 487413
If you are going to get a new slide, replace everything.
Have you checked your homeowners' insurance for their view of a pool slide? In some areas they will cancel the insurance because of liability issues.

If you are going to get a new slide, replace everything.
Have you checked your homeowners' insurance for their view of a pool slide? In some areas they will cancel the insurance because of liability issues.
Thank you for your response. I just switched home owners insurance and the adjuster had to come out and survey my property before agreeing to the insurance coverage. I never thought about it too much but the adjuster did see the pool and the slide and said it all looked good.

I kind of felt as if the response to replacing the slide was going to be to replace everything; but I’d rather hear it from someone else to confirm my own thoughts!

Thank you for your response. I just switched home owners insurance and the adjuster had to come out and survey my property before agreeing to the insurance coverage. I never thought about it too much but the adjuster did see the pool and the slide and said it all looked good.

I kind of felt as if the response to replacing the slide was going to be to replace everything; but I’d rather hear it from someone else to confirm my own thoughts!
Took the class too long ago to remember the numbers, but the dynamic load that a person puts on the slide mounting hardware is huge. New is the best way to go. Twenty or so years ago, when all the regular insurance companies that offered insurance to pool companies in this area would no longer cover slides or dive boards, SR Smith offered to insure (or make insurance available, again don't remember) to ones who took their classes and became certified in the installation of those products. Many of us did. So, I became certified and then they were unable to fulfill their end of the bargain. Learned a lot that I never used and forgot most of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.