Pool Return Eyeball Removal

Sep 23, 2018
Toronto
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a house with a pool, so have never dealt with this particular setup before and am facing a quickly advancing winter so need to get this thing closed and winterized.

One thing I'm having trouble with is removing the return valve from the pool. It's unfortunately not a simple thread I can unscrew, but appears to be something you need a specialized tool for or lock? Hopefully that's not the case. See below for a picture.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason

20180923_125337.jpg

I have a pool with that type of eyeball... Like Allen suggested, I use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove them.

If I had to do it a lot, I would make a tool by grinding out the center of a metal bar.. leaving "prongs" on each side to match the eyeballs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a pool with that type of eyeball... Like Allen suggested, I use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove them.

If I had to do it a lot, I would make a tool by grinding out the center of a metal bar.. leaving "prongs" on each side to match the eyeballs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Or notch a 1.5” pvc make adopter- I have a pic of mine floating around here somewhere

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.