Pool return bubbles

Locotl

Gold Supporter
Oct 23, 2019
Texas
I usually run my pump on low 24/7 and would get an occasional bubble purge from only one return. This weekend my PB came by to install the salt cell and said that I needed to increase the pump speed to get rid of those bubbles....
Now I notice almost continuous bubbles coming from about 3 of the returns. The water level is not low, the skimmers doors are not stuck, and I inspected the o-ring from the pump (and added lubricant to it) and still no change. I called a friend that works with pools and told me that some bubbles are expected, but since its a new pool and I didn't have that before its bothering me... should I check for a pipe leak?

Do the bubbles coincide when the SWCG is generating chlorine? SWCG creates hydrogen that bubbles out of the returns.

VS pumps when run at low speed can collect air in the pump basket. Ramping up the rpm every so many hours or so should clear that.

Reactions: Locotl
Do the bubbles coincide when the SWCG is generating chlorine? SWCG creates hydrogen that bubbles out of the returns.

VS pumps when run at low speed can collect air in the pump basket. Ramping up the rpm every so many hours or so should clear that.
After turning off the cell and purging the pump for a couple of minutes the bubbles disappeared... I turned the salt cell back on and bubbles "magically" appeared again, this time I noticed some soft to touch white sediment shooting from the returns... I guess I have to clean the salt cell already....I had some problems with calcium build up on my walls before I guess its in my cell too...20200819_124137.jpg

The scale being shed by the SWCG is because your pH, TA, and/or CH is too high. Enter your test data into Poolmath and see what the CSI is. It needs to be under 0 .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.