Pool resurfacing

Jun 18, 2018
Lake Almanor, CA
It's time to replace our vinyl inground pool with a fiberglass surface. We have an outfit that will do it but the contract is asking that we have the following:
If a pool has a single suction outlet that is not an unblockable suction outlet, then it shall have a pump equipped with a safety
vacuum release system (SVRS) that conforms to ASME/ANSI Performance standard A112.19.17 or ASTM Performance
standard F2387.

I have no idea what this is. And I doubt that this pool has it. The pool was constructed by a local contractor [not a pool person] several decades ago. Everything was DIY including the pump installation. Because we live in an isolated community, there is no pool maintenance service or pool contractor that I can find that will come out. It's a miracle that I found the guy to do the resurfacing! I've asked the resurfacing guy for a recommendation of somebody HE may know who would come this far. {Resurfacing guy is coming over 150 miles to work on our pool}.

Does anyone know what this safety device is? Thanks!

The VGB act isn't all that clear and and its various interpretations can be all over the place. Moreover, states (California is probably the worst) have their own superimposed requirements.

My understanding is that an unblockable suction outlet is a main drain and/or submerged skimmer equalizers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.