Pool resurfacing- white plaster vs Signature Matrix Wet Edge

Hpfish10

Mar 21, 2022
California
I am about to finalize and pick pool resurface and decking contractors. I am torn between choosing between white plaster vs Wet Edge Signature Matrix pebble. My concern with pebble is that my grandkids would play hard in the pool and damage their feet. My current surface is plaster and it lasts almost 40yrs, so it is also very durable. What are benefits of Wet Edge pebble vs plaster beside look and durability? And if I decide to go with WetEdgr what color should I pick that would make the pool water color looking blue and not green? Thanks.

Heres sky blue treasure, same line as Grigio. Also couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend. Make sure to find a WetEdge certified installer.

Attachments

• A40FE85A-5380-4E37-81D3-672E3A1294ED.jpeg
    A40FE85A-5380-4E37-81D3-672E3A1294ED.jpeg
    742.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 1E8001FF-4D4D-4F6A-87BE-B2A40713ABF4.jpeg
    1E8001FF-4D4D-4F6A-87BE-B2A40713ABF4.jpeg
    684.5 KB · Views: 96
We went with Wet Edge Grigio Treasure (smooth surface). It was the single most painful decision in the whole pool process but we couldn't be happier with the turnout. It looks absolutely stunning.

Heres sky blue treasure, same line as Grigio. Also couldn’t be happier. Highly recommend. Make sure to find a WetEdge certified installer.
That is a nice pool color. I always heard that any kind of "white" finish will make the pool water look green, hence the reason why we chose not to have it in our last pool. But yours is a beautiful blue color.

I have Wet Edge, and I love it... BUT... it is hard on your feet if you're in for extended periods of time and active. We wear water shoes while in the pool if we're moving around a lot. When lounging in pool and drinking... not so much :)

They do offer a polished version of Wet Edge - more expensive, but they grind the finish down so it's smooth like plaster.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I haven't felt anything that is as smooth as traditional plaster. Application takes a bit more skill because you don't remove any imperfections with an exposure - but done right it feels like porcelain under water.

Actually, the polished surfaces do feel very very close to the smoothness of plaster.

Actually, the polished surfaces do feel very very close to the smoothness of plaster.
I believe our polished WetEdge feels every bit as smooth as the plaster pools I’ve been in, atleast new.

That is a nice pool color. I always heard that any kind of "white" finish will make the pool water look green, hence the reason why we chose not to have it in our last pool. But yours is a beautiful blue color.
There’s a lot of blue glass in this color which helps a lot. I’ve never thought our pool was green.

Reactions: Gladius Nova
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.