Pool resurface needed, fiberglass over gunite or? West Texas

I've read a bunch about people replastering 5-7years and had me worried it was the norm.

You rarely read about people complaining that their plaster lasted 15+ years. Few pools get good care and stay with one owner for that amount of time.

You need a quality plaster job to begin with. A bad mix or application can ensure premature replacement. Read

Not if you manage your pool water chemistry. That is not for the faint of heart in your part of the country. Your fill water is pretty nasty.

Do you have a water softener at your home that you could use for make up water once the pool is filled?
I do but don't, I had it looked at once and "all was good" but then it started making some bad noises. Haven't had time to mess with it again. Also have well water. Never tested either.

Got my last quote from the local installer this morning.

$15,000 for the chip out and white plaster
$8,500 for the Aquabright
$3,500 for the tile to be replaced

This is one expensive adventure. Almost has me wishing we bought a house with a more sound pool.

It's higher on the list. The older man I talked to on this did say all the old will probably have to come out. He also said the quartz is able to be repolished to extend it's life down the road.
I have quartz. I never heard of that. If u repolish it I assume u are taking life off the plaster cause u are removing material.

Our close friends parents house has a gunite pool. Original plaster. 25 plus years and still going strong. Ya it’s rough here and there but it’s intact and not leaking and no cracks and no delaminating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.