Pool Renovation - construction with a 30 day break until plaster?

So in terms of care of the pool after a replaster - Its brush it twice a day & maintain the chemicals.

Should I be hiring a pool company to do the startup or is this something I can do myself?

I have a stenner pump & have been automating the cholrine, maintaining chemicals a few years now thanks to TFP.

Diamond brite has its own startup you need to follow I was told by the company who did mine. It’s on thier website to download.

I printed it out and followed it. When I hit week 3 I called to see if I could up the chlorine level cause I’m august dealing with a free chlorine max of 3 was rough. They let me up it to 4.

I would follow thier guide since they hold part of the warranty.

Diamond brite startup is the same as NPC startup.

I figured I would update this post - pictures are here: Plaster next week - proper setup?

So we are close to the finish line & I am pretty excited.

I had envisioned the spa as just adding stairs & everyone keeps commenting about how big it is - that wasnt really my intention but i do look forward to easy enter/exit. I hope the extra space without adding additional jets doesnt bite me in the behind.

I had a few leak issues that they were going to resolve. A few cracks on the wall. In the spa I was told I had a leak when I bought the house in 2012 by my pool company. They pressure tested the lines and confirmed it was the spa.

The PB found a crack near the jet where water was leaking out of the pool completely but the PVC lines were OK. It seems that I had a leak from the spa blower line. I have to say I dont really understand but they said with the water filled the spa blower would cause the water to leak out. The spa blower is above grade & I dont get it but I guess I can accept it - I hope not to need the auto water level toilet bowl filler this season!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.