Pool remodel has commenced!

Close up of the plaster for the the folks who have pm'd me. I am hoping it'll get darker as time goes on??? It's a light gray. I don't know why it differed in shade so much from the reference I posted awhile back???

0dd7581bcbe9d60bbe50fa25a739477f.jpg

Wow, that looks great! They are doing mine now in the Gray Reef Pearl. I think they are the same color in the end just different sized pebbles. The plaster is appears supper light gray while going in. Is that what you experience with Grey Harbour? I ask since it darkened up great after settling in and getting the acid. (and the company spells gr(e|a)y two different ways in their products and it always confuses me what i should do :confused:).

Also, is that picture above during an overcast day?

It darkened up tenfold. Originally, it was very light gray. I was trying to convince myself to love it. What I was really anticipating was the charcoal tone I had seen on his previous customers pool he had done in the gray harbor. At first, I thought maybe he confused the color with the gray reef pearl, but when he came to check on it, he assured me it was the harbor gray. Once he dumped a ton of acid into the pool, it turned into the charcoal color I was looking for overnight. It is so dark, it almost looks black. It is amazing and I now truly love it.

Btw, the pic is on a slightly overcast day but it is dark even in full sunlight.

Thanks! This is what I hope for with the gray reef. Was acid done a few days after plaster? I think the pool indoctrination tech is coming three days after plaster. I'm hoping that's when they drop the acid.

They dropped two jugs of acid the day after the fill was completed. Then the day after that, the owner dropped in 6-7 jugs of acid. That's when the change occurred

Today 2-3 more jugs of acid and 2 jugs chlorine. Running filter 24hrs for a week and brushing everyday.

Interesting....I brushed today and mine got a little darker. I suppose as more acid got added to yours it etched off and exposed more aggregate for you? That's maybe what made it darker. 6-7 jugs sounds like a lot. What was the pH before and after that?

I'm in the same boat hoping the gray reef gets even darker as it settles in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.