Pool pump weather protection

morzh

Jul 3, 2015
Jackson, NJ
For the JHPU2.0 Jandy pump, what would be a good cover for the summer weather (Sun/rain) and for winter weather (probably just a weather cover, like for a grill or AC).
Has anyone used any, and what would you recommend?

Mine sits out in Texas heat/sun 24/7 and made it through our 2021 IceMageddon. It’s about 10 years old.
Only service issue was a bad capacitor 4 years ago. No cover, no protection, nada. The thing is a beast.
Variable speed pump is in my future whenever this one waves the white flag!

For the JHPU2.0 Jandy pump, what would be a good cover for the summer weather (Sun/rain) and for winter weather (probably just a weather cover, like for a grill or AC).
Has anyone used any, and what would you recommend?
I'm not sure you want to cover it too well for winter. Air needs to circulate well enough otherwise you'll create a bad rusting condition.

I take my inside in the winter but leave it uncovered in summer. Only issue was the switch I added to go between low and high speeds of the 2-speed pump fried one time during a rainstorm & I had to spend $5-$10 to get a new switch. Current switch has been working for at least 5 years.

This is the motor and its face after taking it off to be replaced. Not sure how long it took; I am sure it spent 7-8 years before me in this house and 6 years after. It worked but made super-loud high pitch noise and the RPMs this opening season was going up and down which prompted the replacement.

Attachments

• WITH_OLD_MOTOR_IN_CITU.jpg
    WITH_OLD_MOTOR_IN_CITU.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 4
  • MOTOR_FACE_MOUNT-BRACKET_OFF.jpg
    MOTOR_FACE_MOUNT-BRACKET_OFF.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 4
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.