Pool Pump Reviews Page? Or Maybe Suggestions

Henry121083

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2018
Newtown
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new pump. Currently have an older Jandy (1 speed) and need to replace.

Is there a reviews section where I can read what the experts like?

If not, what brands and models do you recommend?

I have a 30,000 gallon in ground gunite pool, with spa that overflows into it. Jandy DE filter (DEV48), and (Propane) Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater

Looking for something energy saving, and variable speed.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Thanks
Henry

Henry,

Even Jandy knows the best pool pump is the Pentair IntelliFlo and that is why their automation systems are designed to control it. :mrgreen:

I admit I am a highly biased Pentair kind of guy.... I have three of them and I am more then happy with their performance.. I have a SWCG, so I run 24/7 at 1200 RPM most of the time, which costs me less than $20 bucks a month.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

There is no reviews page. In general, there are a number of quality pool pump manufacturers and it all depends on what you need the pump to do, how much you can spend, and what your desires are. Whether the install is DIY or professional.

As you show a raised spa, do you have automation to operate that spa?

There is no reviews page. In general, there are a number of quality pool pump manufacturers and it all depends on what you need the pump to do, how much you can spend, and what your desires are. Whether the install is DIY or professional.

As you show a raised spa, do you have automation to operate that spa?
Hi Marty, thanks for the response. There is no automation. If I want to heat it etc I have to move valves and manually turn on the heater

I also have a STINGL box operating it (that's going to be replaced with a simple timer)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.