Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Zodiac LM3-24
Hello,
Recently I’ve noticed a high-pitched buzzing or screaming sound from my pool pump. I believe it’s the bearings but not sure because it’s not consistent. If I turn the pump off and back on the sound disappears.

Saturday was the first day when I turned off the pump and back on the sound came back after a few hours but now it’s been close to 24 hours and pump is normal.
Could it be there was something stuck? Or is it the start of the bearings needing to be replaced.

The cost of replacing the barrings (can’t do it myself) is almost as much as a brand new pump but before I decide to fork out $700 for a new one wanted to see if anyone else had a similar problem.
Note: Basket is cleaned out regularly/daily

Usually bearings are not intermittent like that. It could also be some sort of interference in the impeller or perhaps in the back of the motor (e.g. centrifugal switch).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.