Pool pump noise? Thinking bearings?

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
Hello TFP, just got back from FL and hope everyone is safe down there!

When I got back, my pool pump is screaming, thinking it is the bearings? I checked it for any blockage and can freely hand turn the pump with the basket out. Anything else I should check? It's a Jandy two speed Century motor 0-193989-05

here is a video: youtube video of pump

I always so much appreciate this site!

Thanks!
kjdiver

Hello TFP, just got back from FL and hope everyone is safe down there!

When I got back, my pool pump is screaming, thinking it is the bearings? I checked it for any blockage and can freely hand turn the pump with the basket out. Anything else I should check? It's a Jandy two speed Century motor 0-193989-05

here is a video: youtube video of pump

I always so much appreciate this site!

Thanks!
kjdiver
Does sound like bearings.

Reactions: kjdiver
Thanks James, I’ll add a seal kit to my shopping list. Hopefully that will let me get a few more years out of this pump. One last question for now, will I need to get a bearing puller for that task?

thanks again for responding poolman and James!

I found the seal replacement kit, but now I am stuck trying to find the bearings, much tricker than I imagined it would be. Using my Nancy Drew mystery skills the best I can come up with is searching for 6203-2RS bearings and found a few hits on Amazon. Anyone know what bearings I need for this pump? Confusing as most pumps seem to refer to the CAT, which is blank on my label. Thanks for the help!

IMG-0160.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.