Pool pump & house water lines

kstough

Jun 7, 2019
Ozark, AL
Hi all! We're installing an IGP in the next couple weeks, and when talking to the PB about pump placement, he mentioned we didn't want to cross the pool pump water line and the house water lines. Let me give you an image of our backyard. When you walk out our backdoor, from left to right is: sparse tree line, house main water line, future pool, another sparse tree line. The left tree line is where I'd prefer to install the pool pump, but PB said that if we did that, it would cause the pool and main house water lines to cross and that's not a good idea. He said that if I still wanted to put it in the left tree line, then we would need to reroute our house water line to go around (to the left) of the pump in the left tree line. Is this accurate? I've heard that people cross water lines all the time (over/under). Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
That is interesting. Would have no idea why that is -----

Do you have pool building codes that the PB could reference?

Reactions: kstough
That is interesting. Would have no idea why that is -----

Do you have pool building codes that the PB could reference?
We're outside city limits so if there are codes about this, I don't believe they pertain to us. I wonder if it's a liability thing. That they want no chance of hitting our water line even though we have it marked. Thanks for responding, Marty! :giggle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.