Pool Pump Help

farmo83

Apr 15, 2019
Houston
Hi I am fairly new to pool ownership and the forum and need to know if I have purchased an incorrect pump.

We have a Pentair DE 36 inch filter with an old Hayward RS pump 1.5 horse with 1.5 inch lines. This motor ran the filter at 20 psi when clean and I would backwash accordingly.

The motor finally died as it was around 15 years old and when I went to get a replacement I was talked into/sold on a Jacuzzi VSP 1.5hp pump. It's installed now and on Max speed it registers maybe 10 psi. The pool store salesman told me the pump was good for pools up to 10k gallons which I'm well below and I replaced it with the same size motor. Is this pump too small and is pressure ok? I've looked all over the internet and everyone says it varies. Now I'm concerned I need to just get a motor for my old pump and put it back the way it was.

I will be thankful for any and all help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.