Pool Pricing in a covid world!

Your area is obviously different but out here, things are still booming! There are a lot of new neighborhoods popping up all around us and many of them are getting pools built. I don't keep track anymore but a few months ago, one of the local builder's advertised "play pool" had gone up from $33,500 to $38,500 in just a couple months.

Added: Just checked and the advertised price is now $40,000. :oops:
When they are so busy it’s a 10 month wait you better believe they are jacking up the prices. The crash will happen eventually and the prices will fall when the work slows down.

Pools in Las Vegas are popping up all over the place. Construction in my neighborhood just wrapped up, of the 22 homes, 14 or 15 are having pool built.

As for cost, to give you an idea on design I’ve attached a few pictures. We are at $210k for the entire backyard and we supplied the the bbq, appliances, drawers, and storage for the sunken kitchen so add another $20k. I’m particular on that stuff and wanted specific items.

I’ve chatted with a few neighbors and backyards with their pools have been $90k, $180k, $200k, and $450k. Depends on lot size and all the additional items in the backyard.

Attachments

• 6D575565-3479-491D-A0F6-96E367BA534C.jpeg
    6D575565-3479-491D-A0F6-96E367BA534C.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DA3A9E4F-C471-4F9E-8C9D-61AD0869B50D.jpeg
    DA3A9E4F-C471-4F9E-8C9D-61AD0869B50D.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 88
97D931FC-92BF-44FF-92FE-A44021348CC0.jpegHowdy!
We are getting our bids put together and comparing different equipment.

I originally wanted Pentair equipment, but one builder has quoted us Hayward. I read various things about them, mostly good, but still curious about y’all’s opinion. Attached is their spec sheet.

Oh and now I need to decide if the mini LED lights are really worth the added cost vs larger LED lights!!

Thanks for the help!!

The list looks fine to me. The suction cleaner is a waste, get a robot. But you could keep it for a back up as I doubt you will get any credit for it.

How many spa jets? I see a blower, that may or may not be needed.

I think OmniPL is their newest automation. The Pentair Intellicenter is better, but not by enough to have a fight over it. Let's check with @ajw22 about the Hayward automation.

That is a good Hayward equipment list.

What is the second pump to be used for?

What size spa and how many spa jets?

How many spa jets? I see a blower, that may or may not be needed.

I think OmniPL is their newest automation. The Pentair Intellicenter is better, but not by enough to have a fight over it. Let's check with @ajw22 about the Hayward automation.

Thanks for your feedback.
Not sure on how many jets in the spa just yet.

Would a blower be used for the spa ya think? I can ask them.

What is the second pump to be used for?

What size spa and how many spa jets?

I’m assuming the second pump is for the spa and/ water features. I’ll confirm.

Spa Specs:
- Shape: Geometric - Max Length: 10 Feet - Max Width: 6 Feet
- Max Depth: 3 Feet - Min Depth: 1.5 Feet - Area: 60 SF
- Perimeter: 32 Feet
- Capacity: 787 Gallons

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would a blower be used for the spa ya think? I can ask them.
Yes, it is. But if the spa plumbing is designed correctly, the blower is not needed. If you have lots of jets, then the blower compensates for less water flow. A normal spa will naturally pull air through the jets using a Hartford loop, which is just a plumbing design.

I’m assuming the second pump is for the spa and/ water features. I’ll confirm.

Spa Specs:
- Shape: Geometric - Max Length: 10 Feet - Max Width: 6 Feet
- Max Depth: 3 Feet - Min Depth: 1.5 Feet - Area: 60 SF
- Perimeter: 32 Feet
- Capacity: 787 Gallons

It is unlikely the second pump will service both the spa and water features.

You need to understand what each pump will be servicing - pool, spa, water features, etc - and how things will be impacted if you run multiple things at one time.

View attachment 386374Howdy!
We are getting our bids put together and comparing different equipment.

I originally wanted Pentair equipment, but one builder has quoted us Hayward. I read various things about them, mostly good, but still curious about y’all’s opinion. Attached is their spec sheet.

Oh and now I need to decide if the mini LED lights are really worth the added cost vs larger LED lights!!

Thanks for the help!!
We are in Denton County, please pm any good builders and fair prices. We are starting up. 70k budget for pool. I don't feel confident.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.