Pool opening 2024

60% of a gallon of fresh chlorine. Or the whole gallon of leftovers.

That's just to get you until tomorrow when we can get a valid CYA test.

Yes.
I put 70 oz in from the pool bleach from walmart from last year. I have to use them up. They were stored in the box in my garage. So i used a little more than 1/2 gallon. Will test tomorrow and move forward from the results then

I put 70 oz in from the pool bleach from walmart from last year. I have to use them up. They were stored in the box in my garage. So i used a little more than 1/2 gallon. Will test tomorrow and move forward from the results then
You could have put the whole gallon if you wanted. It’s probably degraded a bit.

Reactions: newdude
I have like 7 gallons left over from last year. How bad can they be
They don’t go bad - just may not be as strong as listed on the bottle. Use one & see where it gets you on the fc test compared to what
PoolMath says it should do.
It is perfectly fine to use them up. You just have to test afterwards

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey good sunday morning. Just did tests. Forgot to do combined chloramines but did the rest.
TA. 80
CYA. 25
FC. 4.5.
What do u guys think?? Going out with my beautiful grandchildren soon so i will try some pool math and leave for the day. What is ur best suggestion. Based on my numbers. I think it is much better than last year🤞

It's great you more or less held FC overnight.

Use muriatic acid to lower the PH per pool math.

I'd add 10 ppm CYA. 30 wasn't cutting it for me a couple weeks ago. The UV has been unusually high by us.

Then dose FC daily per the 40 CYA. Start high because you're not sure what it is yet.

lc_chart.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
It's great you more or less held FC overnight.

Use muriatic acid to lower the PH per pool math.

I'd add 10 ppm CYA. 30 wasn't cutting it for me a couple weeks ago. The UV has been unusually high by us.

Then dose FC daily per the 40 CYA. Start high because you're not sure what it is yet.

View attachment 577045
Can u tell me how to to this again. Based on a 40 CYA how much chlorine i should add snd how much muriatic acid. Even though my Ph is only8?

Took pics of my pool math entries. It does not say anything about adding bleach. I need to leave real soon for the day but if you would give me a helpful reply i will add whatever before leaving. Thank u all

Attachments

• IMG_9559.png
    IMG_9559.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9558.png
    IMG_9558.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9557.png
    IMG_9557.png
    91.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9556.png
    IMG_9556.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9555.png
    IMG_9555.png
    97.3 KB · Views: 5
I put in 21 oz of bleach because i plugged in my 4.5 FC and 6 as target??? Not sure what i am doing. Like i said my brain went blank from last year. Really fo need a refresher course to understand what to do and why and quickly before i mess things up☺️

Thats it guys. Not sure i did pool math correct. Need a brush up course. Can u tell me where to find that and how much it will tell me to add based on my FC and CYA and Ph and TA
There is a glitch with android where the keyboard blocks the chemical addition info area towards the bottom. Press 'done' to minimize the keyboard and see the area underneath it.

Only add 10 CYA though, not 20.
Like i said my brain went blank from last year. Really fo need a refresher course to understand what to do and why and quickly before i mess things up☺️
That's OK. It takes a minute to get your pool sea legs back. :)

Dose to 8 FC everyday for now until you see several days respond the same to know what your current daily loss is. So if you find a 5.5, add 2.5. (Etc).

You will have to test after to confirm while the old bleach lasts. Once you're using this years supply, you can just trust its good.

So put in my value and put in target value of 8. But the real target for FC is usually lower correct? How about my pH and TA and CYA. Any additions there? I think everything looks pretty good especially my CYA as compared to last start year

Yes. You are sitting PRETTY compared to last year.

Lower the PH to 7.6 with muriatic acid

Add 10 ppm granular CYA, soaking in a sock.

The TA is fine.

Repenish FC dialy back to 8.

Poolmath will tell you all, you were doing it right except the # pad blocking the screen. Press done and it will tell you the rest.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support