Pool opened but water cloudy?

RichTJ99

Gold Supporter
Sep 16, 2016
Katonah NY
Hi,

My pool was opened on Wednesday. Its still fairly cool at this point in NY.

I have the TFT kit & here are my results:

FC: 8
CC: 0
TA 70 (or 80)
CYA 50
PH 7.7

I have a 40,000 gallon inground gunnite pool.

It has been running for a few days & I have had the pool robot driving around most of the time.

My filter had DE put in when they opened it.

Thanks,
Rich

I would bring the pH down to 7.2-7.4. Did you open your filter or did a service? It's quite possible that DE is getting back into the pool from the grids either being misseated or have a tear. If the grids are solid and rigid they may have to be replaced, the pressure will bend them and allowing the DE to circulate back in

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So the pool guy did mention that one of my grids needs to be replaced - this might explain the 'fog' in the pool if the DE is shooting into the pool?

How do i find out what grids I have so I can order / replace them myself? I have not decided what service plan I should do this year now that I am learning so much! It might be all on me!

Thanks,
Rich

So the pool guy did mention that one of my grids needs to be replaced - this might explain the 'fog' in the pool if the DE is shooting into the pool?

How do i find out what grids I have so I can order / replace them myself? I have not decided what service plan I should do this year now that I am learning so much! It might be all on me!

Thanks,
Rich
Look for a label on the filter. Once you get brand and model and size, it's easy. My label was unreadable but for the brand, so I started looking at pictures on the manufacturer's site until I figured out the model. The parts diagram helped me figure out the size. In most cases, the only differences in the different sizes are the heights of the lid, the grids, and the centerbolt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.