Pool Newb Trying to Follow the TFP Rules

May 29, 2017
Howe, TX
New pool owner trying to align to the principles of TFP. Love the wealth of knowledge here and what seems to be a super helpful community.
Have read many threads on here and hope I'm off to a good start.

Started pool about 2 weeks back (prior to getting proper test kits) and was using a regular Leslie's Deluxe OTO kit for sampling.
Added CYA to skimmer about a week back (per Pool Math recos) and started SLAM process, although could not really gauge actual chlorine levels since they were off scale of cheap test kit. Levels registered were high (guessing about 14FC on first day of SLAM, declining slowly to a 4FC number today using OTO kit)
Using CYA test kit and levels have been stable at 35-40 during daily testing.

Current levels from test this afternoon using the Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD and Pentair CYA kits:

Pool Temp: 75
FC: 3.5
CC: 1
PH: 7.2
TA: 30
CYA: 40

Pool still appears cloudier than I would like, but it's definitely much clearer than it was a week ago. Momma is looking for crystal clear though, and I don't want to disappoint.
What do I do next? Should I SLAM pool again now that I have correct test kit and go from there?
Have kept an eye on filter gauge and have been backwashing and rinsing anytime I see the needle move up out of bottom of green.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.