Sep 10, 2007
Hello:

I currently have a 2HP Emerson Motor:
2 HP SQ Flange - Emerson
Cat# EB843
Model: K63CXESF-4793
208-230 Volts
PH 1

Here is my question, I'm needing a new motor soon because the bearings are starting to make noise. So I doing my research for replacement options. My pool has a spa so I need to use a 2HP motor, but when we cycle the pool it is done at after midnight due to lower energy cost. Having a noisy motor next to one of my bedrooms is not what I would call ideal.

From my understanding this is a 56Y frame is close the to 48Y and are interchangeable. I have seen some new motors that have a timer/speed control ( dual speed ) mounted on the top of the motor. From my studies the wiring is still the same 230V + ground and not common ( able to draw 120V ) and also single phase.

Here is a 2.7HP version that is a little bigger HP but something to consider maybe?
Century ECM27SQU2.7 HP 230V V-Green Square Flange Variable Speed Motor
VGreen 270 Variable Speed Motor | Regal Beloit

Do you think I am able to easily replace my existing emerson single speed to this dual speed time type motor? I will be able to run at lower speed during the late hours using less power and noise.

Thanks Irwin

The motor you show is variable speed. I would suggest in your situation you only need a 2 speed motor.

I suggest calling InyoPools and provide them the information on your wet end and see what 2 speed motor they recommend. You may need a new timer for the 2 speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.