Pool Math........The App

Re: New TFP App

Then I started logging my results for the past week just to populate the logs. When I enter a date and time, once the results save, it uses the date entered but the time defaults to the time it is entered, not the time I put in.

If I re-open the log and reset the time, it will save correctly.

For starters, THANK YOU for your support. I will attempt to recreate this error on my device and we'll see if we can fix it. Thank you!

To all,
There are still a handful of users running the App in Beta. With both iOS and Android versions now live Beta testing has been shut down, however we're leaving the server up for the time being. We ask that you please backup your data and please migrate it over to the Live version found in the App Store. While no date has been firmly set, we will be turning off the Beta server and your App will stop working correctly once this occurs. Please update to the live version to prevent this issue.

For all who have downloaded the App, purchased the subscription, or left us a positive review.....THANK YOU! We're looking forward to improving the App even more and cannot wait to give you even more capabilities.

This morning I made the mistake of updating the beta app (which has been working perfectly for me) through google play. Have been accumulating logs for weeks. After updating, the app kept hanging up on startup. So I unistalled the app praying I was going to be able to retrieve my logs somehow. No such luck. I subscribed thinking somehow the logs were saved on the servers and would be able to retrieve them....no such luck. I am running the latest version of Android 7.0 on a GS7. Any help?

This morning I made the mistake of updating the beta app (which has been working perfectly for me) through google play. Have been accumulating logs for weeks. After updating, the app kept hanging up on startup. So I unistalled the app praying I was going to be able to retrieve my logs somehow. No such luck. I subscribed thinking somehow the logs were saved on the servers and would be able to retrieve them....no such luck. I am running the latest version of Android 7.0 on a GS7. Any help?
Post #673

You need to clear the cache/data. Go to your settings, apps/app manager and it's there.

The beta server is not the same one used for production. If you did not export your data with the beta app, as instructed, before upgrading there is no way I am aware of to recover the logs from the beta app.

I believe the $8 yearly subscription fee is way too high.

If there is an additional server cost then that was simply bad programming, unless you require access to the data for data mining for potential future profit?

The results could just as easily be saved locally and/or to iCloud. This would have easily allowed sync between devices without the need of your servers or a forum account at all. I would personally prefer my data not stored on your servers, which was claimed as a large reason for the cost.

I understand the need for future development funds for an app with a limited market. I would understand maybe a $2-$3/year subscription OR $8 one time fee however $8/year is too excessive for the iOS app market.

Maybe the $8/year would be appropriate for the ability to add and track multiple pools, auto selection based
On GPS, along with other pool professional features however not for one pool residential owners who have a 4 month pool season yet still would enjoy the core tracking features.

Without these "premium" features however the app is less useful than a bookmark icon to a webpage.

Without these "premium" features however the app is less useful than a bookmark icon to a webpage.

I disagree. IMO. The free version of app is much easier to use than a bookmark to web page. With the subscription, not having to log all my test results with calculated CSI is invaluable.

However, I do think a few free months of logs might be worth offering...so users can actually see the value.

If there is an additional server cost then that was simply bad programming, unless you require access to the data for data mining for potential future profit?

The results could just as easily be saved locally and/or to iCloud. This would have easily allowed sync between devices without the need of your servers or a forum account at all. I would personally prefer my data not stored on your servers, which was claimed as a large reason for the cost.

I understand the need for future development funds for an app with a limited market. I would understand maybe a $2-$3/year subscription OR $8 one time fee however $8/year is too excessive for the iOS app market.

Maybe the $8/year would be appropriate for the ability to add and track multiple pools, auto selection based
On GPS, along with other pool professional features however not for one pool residential owners who have a 4 month pool season yet still would enjoy the core tracking features.

The 25000 gallon pool in your back yard is not worth $8/year?

If it's not worth the cost of a couple of gallons of bleach, don't subscribe.

Hello!?!? The subscription app does track multiple pools!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New TFP App

<snip>
To all,
There are still a handful of users running the App in Beta. With both iOS and Android versions now live Beta testing has been shut down, however we're leaving the server up for the time being. We ask that you please backup your data and please migrate it over to the Live version found in the App Store. While no date has been firmly set, we will be turning off the Beta server and your App will stop working correctly once this occurs. Please update to the live version to prevent this issue.

For all who have downloaded the App, purchased the subscription, or left us a positive review.....THANK YOU! We're looking forward to improving the App even more and cannot wait to give you even more capabilities.

Thanks. I didn't realize with the July hard stop date, that there was a benefit to TFP in removing the Beta, and d/ling the app itself. I just did all that this morning. It wasn't as smooth a process as I thought might be possible. However, in the end, I was able to get the iOS app to accept my TFP website login. (It's not so obvious how you provide the app with existing TFP website login information.)

HTH. Enjoy the $8. Something to think about for the future, and I'm sure you already have, is giving higher level donors the app without the $8. You get more money in the form of higher level donations, and also don't have to pay Apple their cut. I think their cut is 30%, if I remember correctly. I could be wrong.

Bill

YAY! I just saw that this was available and am so excited. In my opinion it's definitely worth the $8 a year and have already upgraded and am entering my previous tests for this year. I love that I can set it to remind me to brush and vacuum my pool so I don't get behind. Considering last year I was being pool stored and dropped $35 just on one bottle of PhosFree and was still having issues and bought a bunch of other garbage I will happily pay this. I test my pool daily and adjust according to Pool School and it stays crystal clear all of the time. It never even gets a little bit cloudy like it did last year when using the pool store. Thank you Trouble Free Pool!

So what is issue entering decimals? Only thing I notice is when you enter 8.0 it changes back to 8. If I enter 7.1 thru 7.9 no issue. Are you trying to enter something like 8.01, 8.02, etc?

Overseas some countries use the comma where the US uses a decimal point. If the user has their keyboard in iOS set to these foreign settings errors will occur.

I'll bump this issue up again to see the progress.

To others!!!
We've been very pleased with the first week of Pool Math. I thank you greatly for the downloads and ratings!! Right now we're back to playing the Apple review "wheel of rejection" trying to get our first iOS update approved. More details will come shortly but I think many users will enjoy this update when it hits. I cannot give you an exact time (Apple's WAY luckier than I thought) but I hope sometime in the next week or two.

This is not an IOS only app, it functions across platforms, iOS and Android now with Windows in the works.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.