Pool Math........The App

Status Update:

iOS: We've submitted a new build to Apple for review. No promises that they won't find some reason to reject it and we'll have to start that process again, but we're close I think!

Android: There's just a bit more testing that needs to be done and we are considering making it live on the store after this. Originally we wanted to wait for iOS to be approved to launch together, but other than disappointing a few iOS users (sorry!) we can't think of many good reasons not to make Android users happy! ;)

Good news!

One thing I've noticed lately is that the app is sluggish and I have to double tap to get into the entry fields on a new log at times. Single taps are occasionally prompting the long press dialogue (Paste/Clipboard/etc). Tapping on the + icon to start a new log only works sporadically. This sluggish performance seems to have started ever since the app opens by default into the "Thanks! - Export Backup" screen.

Samsung S6, Android 7.0

Or just dip my phone in the pool to get all my readings.

I can not tell you how much I love this idea!!!! Then again, how do you get the the measurement from the proper depth below the surface? I know, there could be a TFP branded dongle and lead. The lead would have a mark at 18 inches, etc. Do you take measurements from the center of the pool, or just the edge?

Bill

Um, for those of us that have a math problem is there a way to change the values for how much chemicals to add? For example when I need to add MA, it might say add 2 quart, 1cup of MA. I use a 1 cup measuring cup and it would be nice to not have to do any calculations in my head to convert to cups. Shoot, now I am just plain lying...I have to get my phone calculator out after I google (for the 100th time) how many cups in a quart to then figure how many cups to add. (I also must have a memory problem). Ounces, cups, quarts, and gallons is why I also hate baking.

If not it's okay. I would say I will improve my math skills but then I'd just be lying again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To be honest, I round down with acid and round up with bleach. With acid, not going low enough is ok, easy enough to add a little more. With bleach, at worst you are wasting a cup. When I dealt with gallon bleach bottles the smallest increment I would use would be 1/2 gallon. Note, I have a larger sized pool and a few years at it. If I were managing a spa, I would definitely be to the ounce.

Um, for those of us that have a math problem is there a way to change the values for how much chemicals to add? For example when I need to add MA, it might say add 2 quart, 1cup of MA. I use a 1 cup measuring cup and it would be nice to not have to do any calculations in my head to convert to cups. Shoot, now I am just plain lying...I have to get my phone calculator out after I google (for the 100th time) how many cups in a quart to then figure how many cups to add. (I also must have a memory problem). Ounces, cups, quarts, and gallons is why I also hate baking.

If not it's okay. I would say I will improve my math skills but then I'd just be lying again.

Well, you could switch your pool setup to metric and use milliliters and grams , that way everything is just converted by just using decades.....but everyone knows only crazy people use the metric system :crazy:

For example when I need to add MA, it might say add 2 quart, 1cup of MA. I use a 1 cup measuring cup and it would be nice to not have to do any calculations in my head to convert to cups. Shoot, now I am just plain lying...I have to get my phone calculator out after I google (for the 100th time) how many cups in a quart to then figure how many cups to add. (I also must have a memory problem). Ounces, cups, quarts, and gallons is why I also hate baking.

Try this.. Pyrex Prepware 2-Quart Glass Measuring Cup

Vintage-Kitchen-Pyrex-8-Cup-2-Qt-Glass-_57.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.