Pool Math........The App

^^^^^^already added in the next build^^^^^

We just gotta get a few issues addressed before we can push the next build out to the public.

Not just yet, unfortunately Apple is rejecting the build and is requesting we are not infringing on copy written material owned by TroubleFreePool. They want us to fully prove we are who we say we are.

Was curious whether the app makes suggestions based on the collective data the user inputs?

For example, if pH is x and TA is y and it's a salt pool of a specific gallon volume, are each of these inputs considered?

In trying to drop my TA from 110 down to 80 by adding acid. Finally down to TA of 90 with pH of 7.5. Yet it requires me to continue to drop pH to achieve this. I usually run pH of 7.8 but I'm going much lower to lower TA per the app guidance. Hope that's safe?

So while we wait for the android version is there an app we can use similar to Simple Pool that we used to talk about here?
I use Pool Pal. Been using for a couple years now. The calcs seem pretty good...I add what it says, and it results in the numbers I target.

It is not great for viewing trends over time, which is something that I look forward to seeing in this new app.

Was curious whether the app makes suggestions based on the collective data the user inputs?

For example, if pH is x and TA is y and it's a salt pool of a specific gallon volume, are each of these inputs considered?

In trying to drop my TA from 110 down to 80 by adding acid. Finally down to TA of 90 with pH of 7.5. Yet it requires me to continue to drop pH to achieve this. I usually run pH of 7.8 but I'm going much lower to lower TA per the app guidance. Hope that's safe?

The app recommends TA of 60-80 for an SWG, plaster pool.

The borate calculator carries the box measurement from borax over to boric acid.
d494766e5c7a4a7717462e45960682bf.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an issue with the notes field - The DONE button is not visible when the android keypad pops up to type into the notes section - so there is no way to save it. I have to rotate the phone 90 to landscape mode to see the DONE button...or hit the back button to get out of the notes section

This is on a Samsung Galaxy S5 - with android 6.0.1

I'm not sure if this has been noted or not - but on my phone, I am not able to enter ".0" following any numbers. The "0" is treated as a delete key and backspaces over the "." This happens on all input fields (for pool readings).

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 running Android 7.0

I'm not sure if this has been noted or not - but on my phone, I am not able to enter ".0" following any numbers. The "0" is treated as a delete key and backspaces over the "." This happens on all input fields (for pool readings).

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 running Android 7.0

Same affect on iOS, but I figured it was by design. Would you ever enter something like 8.05 as a value? It appears the app is validating after every key press. For example, when I enter 8.4 and try to add zero nothing happens.

I am ok with it because the only decimal I might enter is .2 or .5. Maybe others have opinions

I found a difference in the app and PoolMath web. I entered values for my Hot tub.

FC = 2.5
CC = 0
pH = 7.4
TA = 50
CH=190
CYA = 0
Temp = 102

The App gives a CSI = -0.39
The web gives a CSI = -0.27

Small difference but I thought it would be exact.

Also (very minor point!) the web offers the selection of a "Traditional Spa". To be consistent, this may be something to consider for the App

The webpage you are using, is it a saved copy?? If not try to reset your cookies as you're viewing an old version of PoolMath.

The old version of PoolMath used zero for the default result for Salt. This result likely isn't right for any user using Chlorine. We have reciently updated the website and App to use 1000ppm for the default Salt result as it's slightly more accurate. Once this field matches in the two your result will be the same.

The webpage you are using, is it a saved copy?? If not try to reset your cookies as you're viewing an old version of PoolMath.

The old version of PoolMath used zero for the default result for Salt. This result likely isn't right for any user using Chlorine. We have reciently updated the website and App to use 1000ppm for the default Salt result as it's slightly more accurate. Once this field matches in the two your result will be the same.

Lee,

I don't think that is working on the Pool Math page. You need to actually change the CSI function, not just add 1000 as the value in the input field. It is getting overwritten by the 0 that is actually in the field from what I can see.

Any news or update on possible public release date?
Is the beta version currently available? If so, how?

Any news or update on possible public release date?
Is the beta version currently available? If so, how?

Right now we have been rejected by Apple as we must prove that we are legal owners of the PoolMath code as it is subject to copyright laws. We currently have a request in to change the type of account we are to TroubleFreePool which we are hoping will address this issue.

All Please be warned that there maybe some weird things occur as this migration occurs!! If you have any data you must have PLEASE write it down!!! Some settings may change during this switch. Again, these issues are occurring as we setup this App thus the reason we're staying in Beta longer than we wished to.

Thank you all for dealing with us!
Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.