Pool math question

Wow! I did the SLAM yesterday around 5pm, checked it today at 8pm and the FC went down to 4ppm. The bottom is now covered with dead stuff. I did the SLAM level of chlorine add again to make sure all the algae was dead. I’ll vacuum to waste tomorrow and see where the FC is and add to bring it up to 7ppm (cya is still 80).
Hopefully the cya will go down after the vacuum to waste and refill.

Have you read SLAM Process? The M in SLAM is for Maintain. You Maintain SLAM FC levels by testing and adding liquid chlorine several times per day, until you pass the three criteria spelled out in the article.

I had to work today so I couldn’t add chlorine until I got home. I’ll do it again tomorrow. I have read all of the articles and I have learned from them.
I met all three criteria before I started. There was however yellow algae on the floor, steps and walls.
I have a case of LC coming in case I have to do it again.

Success, although this is what it look like a day before my wife found the algae.

Attachments

• BBD2E937-6ABD-4629-9FB4-B3944846F0A9.jpeg
    BBD2E937-6ABD-4629-9FB4-B3944846F0A9.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 14

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The GA sun is eating my FC. It’s been a week since I got rid of the mustard algae, or whatever it was, and the pool has been crystal clear. Every evening I’m having to dispense 1/2 gallon of 12.5% LC. By the time I get home the next day the level is down to 1-2. I’m using the FAS-DPD test method. CC is .5, Cya is 70. I’m aiming to get the cya down to 50 with water replacement. It’s going slow cause I can’t drin below the skimmer box.
Question: is this normal for the sun to eat that much FC?
Ph= 7.6, TA= 90

When you add the 1/2 gallon of chlorine to your pool, have you tested to see what that brings FC up to? Might help you confirm how much you're actually consuming. Once you add chlorine retest about 30 minutes later after the pool has had time to circulate.

Most pools eat 2-4ppm of FC per day give or take depending on amount of sunlight and swimmers.

A half gallon of 12.5% a day is 7 ppm FC. You either have no CYA in the water or you have algae.

I’ve tested it 4 times and the dot disappears at 70-60.
I need to get the cya down so I won’t be going thru so much chlorine.
I’m getting frustrated. The 1st couple of months after install were so smooth with no problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.