Pool Math App

Look under 'Chemical Additions'. There you can enter your SWCG type, your %, and your pump run time. It calculates the daily FC created and puts that in your Log. Let us know if you have issues.

OK. So in your Pool Setup, just enter the amount per day your SWCG creates. That will then autopopulate the Chemical Additions. Or you can directly enter the amount of chlorine created per day by your SWCG into the Chemical Additions screen.

We did not have ready data for ALL SWCG's built in the world. So you can still enter the data.

Last edited:
Astral EC35 output equals 1.85 lbs per day. I noticed that the output does not calculate the input of hard numbers but only numbers from the list.
OK -- I confirmed that. So, lets find a SWCG that creates close to that amount until such time as our app designer can update the list.

The Breeze 760 is listed as 1.88 lbs per day. That is close enough to be within the error ranges. Try that.

Do I understand that the app will take a SWG entry as valid for one day only? That’s what it seems like is happening. If so, it would be extremely beneficial to have two options in the setup to have the current pump runtime and current cell % carry forward until changed (essentially like test results do). Otherwise it seems you have to make an entry each day.

I may have missed that functionality but when I ran the Summary, it only showed one day’s worth of production.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Part of the issue there is the potential for the database to blow up quickly with hundreds of users inserting reoccurring entries. It’s something we agree could be very beneficial in the future, we just need to figure out the best way to do it.

I was excited to see the SWG addition but will be very excited if/when it carries forward until either parameter changes.

Glad to hear it’s on a potential future upgrade list.

Thank you.

I have a request for a tweak to the SWG chemical addition logic if possible. It doesn’t let you enter a % that will yield less than .1ppm of FC. So if I set it at 1%, it may not take it if the hours are not high enough. So I’d request to be able to enter hours/% that yields 0 ppm. And also to be able to enter a 0% (maybe these are one in the same).

My main reason for the request is I’d like to enter when I go from what I was at %-wise at my last entry, to 0%. If my FC gets too high, I set it to 0. It would be nice to be able to scan the logs and see when it went from say 50% to 0% so it would be in the same format at the previous “addition”. I could make a note but it’s much easer to scan for similar text.

If not possible, no worries, just a request.

Not sure where this belongs, but I noticed that some of the Muriatic Acid selections in the "Effects of Adding" page of the IOS app don't seem to be working.

Specifically, any of the "XX.X% (XX° Be) Muriatic Acid" ones. They all say "No significant changes to the water chemistry" regardless of the volume you enter.
The "XX.XX% Muriatic Acid" selections work fine.

As a second question (not so much a bug), I get that "Borax (20 Mule)" and simply "Borax" should yield the same result, but how come "Tetraborate Pentahydrate" yields a different result? That is simply the chemical name for Borax, so shouldn't it be the same?

I have a request for a tweak to the SWG chemical addition logic if possible. It doesn’t let you enter a % that will yield less than .1ppm of FC. So if I set it at 1%, it may not take it if the hours are not high enough. So I’d request to be able to enter hours/% that yields 0 ppm. And also to be able to enter a 0% (maybe these are one in the same).

My main reason for the request is I’d like to enter when I go from what I was at %-wise at my last entry, to 0%. If my FC gets too high, I set it to 0. It would be nice to be able to scan the logs and see when it went from say 50% to 0% so it would be in the same format at the previous “addition”. I could make a note but it’s much easer to scan for similar text.

If not possible, no worries, just a request.

I updated my phone app with today's new version and this works now. Thanks!

Not sure where this belongs, but I noticed that some of the Muriatic Acid selections in the "Effects of Adding" page of the IOS app don't seem to be working.

Specifically, any of the "XX.X% (XX° Be) Muriatic Acid" ones. They all say "No significant changes to the water chemistry" regardless of the volume you enter.
The "XX.XX% Muriatic Acid" selections work fine.

As a second question (not so much a bug), I get that "Borax (20 Mule)" and simply "Borax" should yield the same result, but how come "Tetraborate Pentahydrate" yields a different result? That is simply the chemical name for Borax, so shouldn't it be the same?

I confirm that this too works in the app version updated today. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.