Pool Math App on iOS

ifarlow

May 28, 2019
Georgia
I just subscribed to the Pool Math app for iOS and have an issue that I'd like to better understand. I have created a pool called "Home Pool" and then entered the basic info (SWG output, gallons, etc.). I see this information on both my iPhone and my iPad. I then renamed the pool on the iPhone and entered some test results to experiment with and learn how the app works. Unfortunately, I see the following:
  1. The iPhone app shows the updated pool name "Home Pool Test" but the iPad app still shows "Home Pool" as the name of the pool.
  2. The log for the experimental test results have shown up on the iPad. However, the Overview tab on the iPhone shows those test results in the blocks (FC, pH, TA, etc.) while the Overview tab on the iPad still shows "--" in those same blocks (even though the log has synced).
  3. As a result of #2, the targets and recommended corrections are now out of whack on the iPad.
Am I doing something wrong or expecting the app to do something that it isn't designed to do?

Are PoolMath on both devices logged on using the same id?

Check the Welcome back name on the upper left menu list on both devices.

If you have two pools set up, you need to switch to the pool you want to enter data, etc on the device you are on.

Are PoolMath on both devices logged on using the same id?

Yes. Both are logged in using the same login info, and both reflect the same account ID. What's odd is the log syncs, but the iPad isn't picking up that synced log entry and updating the Overview, and the pool details (such as updated name) isn't syncing.

If you have two pools set up, you need to switch to the pool you want to enter data, etc on the device you are on.

Only one pool is setup in the app.

You set up one name and then added another? That is how I read it. Go to Settings in the app and select Switch Pool. See if two pools are set up.

No, I added only one pool and then changed that pool's name later. There is no "Switch Pool" option, only "Add Pool". I just logged out and back in both on the iPhone and the iPad, and the iPad refreshed to show the correct information. However, I then added a new test log on the iPhone and, once again, the iPad synced the log but got out of whack. It's not updating the Overview tab with synced log information or name changes.

Odd -- mine track pretty closely. It can take a few minutes at times to update data.
@Leebo -- can you help us out?

I just tried adding a test log to the iPad, and the same sync issue appeared on the iPhone. In other words, it appears that the log syncs but the devices don't update the Overview tab to reflect the synced logs.

There is an odd behavior that we’ve seen on iOS as the OP is describing. We’re looking to add a pull to refresh to that page for this exact reason. ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Today I noticed that my summary page was not updated for the last couple of logs though logs had synced. I closed the app and reopened. The summary page was correct then. All on iOS but varying devices. Sounds like that is being addressed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.