Pool Math App Ideal Ranges

jbilliel

May 5, 2020
Connecticut
I have a mineral pool (FROG system) and the app is always yelling at my that I am out of the ideal chlorine range. Is there a way to edit the ideal ranges? If so, I can't seem to find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Interesting feedback. The pool company really likes the frog and has had good success. My CYA is currently 45 and my pool is at the upper end of the Frog recommendation on 1ppm. What should I run the pool at for chlorine levels?

You should follow the FC/CYA Levels.

The frog dumps silver in to your pool to prevent algae. This, however, does absolutely nothing to sanitize your water. Running 1 ppm FC with 50 CYA (round up) is potentially unsanitary. Algae might be unpleasant to look at, but bacteria that you bring in to the water is invisible and actually dangerous. The kill rates at that low FC are not especially reassuring.

Not to mention the Frog is horribly overpriced and a completely proprietary system forcing you to purchase replacements from the pool company. Of course they really like it, it's a cash cow! One came with my house and I used it for a couple of years. One major algae bloom led me to TFP. That led me to recognizing just how little I wanted that copper and silver (so-called "minerals" ) in my water and I removed it permanently. Since following TFPC my water has never been easier to maintain, clearer, or more comfortable. Not to mention at a much better price.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Also your cya is about as high as is recommended. For best results quit feeding the frog 🐸 & dose with liquid chlorine from here on out

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
U only need to maintain target fc for your cya unless u have a problem like cloudiness,algae, high chlorine demand or fail an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
If you have any of those you should do a SLAM Process
You did not mention the condition of your water although I suspect a slam wouldn’t hurt being as your chlorine has been so low for your cya.

One more question while I have the experts here. As a pool newbie I put in non-Chlorine shock this weekend and after reading up on the topic more and more on this site, that appears to be a no-no. How long will my DPD tests be skewed for? Do I need to buy the Taylor kit or will the MPS go away over time and I don't need to worry about it if I don't add any more?

The MPS will dissipate over time. It primarily effects the CC reading. So I would not be surprised if that would be elevated for some time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.