Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2018
Walton, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Ok all, please share your favorite inflatable floating loungers! Looking for comfort and durability (quality). Don’t want to lay flat, semi upright. I’m tired of replacing them so often. Thank you!!
Alyssa

I'll be following because my husband loves to float. I, on the other hand, do not! I am a swimmer. I'd rather be under water!

I've only had the pool one season, so I can't really attest to durability of any of these.

I just purchased a couple of these... Amazon.com: Poolmaster Water Chair Inflatable Swimming Pool Float Lounge, Blue, (Model: 70742): Toys & Games
Looking forward to trying them out this year.

My wife bought some sling deals at Costco last year. They are like these here... https://www.amazon.com/Big-Joe-Nood...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

We used the heck out of those last year. They are not inflatable so nothing to lose air and stop working. The thing I didn't like about the sling was there was not a good way to rest your head.

Then, we have some friends who keep these on their boat for the lake... https://www.amazon.com/SwimWays-Spr...1&keywords=spring+float&qid=1618055675&sr=8-4

Not sure how long they have had them, but they were really comfortable, and I like the fact that they are collapsible with not a lot of inflatable area, so you aren't waiting around to suck the air out of them. I will probably be buying a few of these this year also.

I am not a fan of the fully inflatable pool floats. My whole purpose for being in the pool is to be in contact with the water.

--Jeff

• Haha
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Its not inflatable but I have the really nice foam pool floats (with head rest) we paid $90 each for 2 at Costco and they've held up for 9 years so far.... We hang them with a pole thru the open space of the headrest in our pool shed when not in use which I'm sure helps maintain them so well.

Maddie :flower:
This. I hate dealing with inflatables, but I love my foam float. Only problem is I sometimes doze off!

Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really wanted a sunshelf (an extra 5-10k) but we were worried with a vinyl pool the liner would possibly pull away easier. So I got a fancy pool float instead.
So you actually saved thousands of dollars by buying this float!

I really wanted a sunshelf (an extra 5-10k) but we were worried with a vinyl pool the liner would possibly pull away easier. So I got a fancy pool float instead.
I think that's a brilliant comproise and probably safer for the liner......and the saved cash makes it easier to buy the extra foo foo stuff. :goodjob:

Maddie 🖖

Reactions: Snoobug
Ok all, please share your favorite inflatable floating loungers! Looking for comfort and durability (quality). Don’t want to lay flat, semi upright. I’m tired of replacing them so often. Thank you!!
Alyssa
Hi, Ava! This is kind of my specialty so I’d be happy to help! I think you will love this one and it’s super durable and high quality. I have had mine for 2 years. This is perfect if you want to float/lounge without getting wet. It’s perfect for reading a book or having a drink. I’ve also never fallen off of it, unlike my other ones lol. It is currently $42 on Amazon. I paid around $27 for it a couple years ago during the off-season. Oh and it has a cup holder but I don’t really like where it is placed but it gets the job done! I added pics of mine so you can get a better idea. It is still holding up strong and is much larger than it appears in the photos (my cotton candy float is ginormous and makes it look small in the last pic lol!) Here is the link:
Amazon.com: Intex Rockin' Inflatable Lounge, 74" X 39": Toys & Games
E2A01A09-B75C-4E99-BB6E-8F59C70E5F53.jpeg

6203D45E-F477-4807-B504-1BBE4422A44A.jpeg7B828A33-4704-47C0-8829-9073BE0DFC65.jpeg

511343D5-05AF-4DC5-B188-273B666702F5.jpeg6A9260C6-E355-44F9-811D-68F758198C06.jpeg
Last pic is from right after we put up and filled the pool (2019), so I didn’t have my Hayward thru-wall skimmer yet or any landscaping around the pool — so this pic bugs me but it’s a good shot of the float, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snoobug and Newdude
  • Haha
Reactions: YippeeSkippy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.