Yelimex

Jan 9, 2021
Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m replacing my pool light and running the new cable to the box. I saw a few videos on how to pull the cable with a poly line and then then run the new cable back to the box. All the videos show a black box where you connect the wires. My light is 12V and there’s no black box, only the box showing in the picture. Is that box where I have to connect the wires?

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    369.6 KB · Views: 15
Maybe. That box is your pool light transformer. Your lights connect to it.

We don’t know if you have a pool light junction box between the light and the transformer.

You will have to look at the wires coming into the transformer and see what you find.

Last edited:
I’m replacing my pool light and running the new cable to the box. I saw a few videos on how to pull the cable with a poly line and then then run the new cable back to the box. All the videos show a black box where you connect the wires. My light is 12V and there’s no black box, only the box showing in the picture. Is that box where I have to connect the wires?
Open the transformer and see if the light cable is there. If so, you pull into the transformer. You can cut the old light off at the pool and attach the new light cable to the old and use that to pull the new. A great video of the process is below. Be sure to lay the entire light cord out straight as far from the niche as possible so that it doesn't twist and get caught as it enters the conduit in the niche. If the cord is longer than the pool, set the light on the ground and watch as it comes to the pool or have a helper feed it toward the pool. If the pull gets hard, check on what is causing it to get that way before pulling harder, it could be a twist inside the niche. You can break the wires apart where they were twisted together, or worse, stretch and damage/break the new cable.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The old light has 2 yellow wires and the new one has 3. Where do I plug or connect the green one?

Attachments

• IMG_4384.jpeg
    IMG_4384.jpeg
    320.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4383.jpeg
    IMG_4383.jpeg
    296.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.